effect on collide

blastintime

Reaction score
Is there any way to modd a unit in the data editor to check for colissions and whenever it colide with another unit it starts an effect? If not, does anyone know how to make it with triggers?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
A missile unit launched with a Launch Missile effect will have an impact effect, but a normal unit cant have that without the inpact effect. BUT you can have a behavior with the periodic effect set to a search effect that will be launched every 0.1 sec.

blastintime

Reaction score
Wow thats pretty smart, thank you, Ill try the behavior thing.

Btw, if I use a launch missle effect, and on the missile unit I have Collide: Ground enabled. If it collides with something, will the impact effect be there or will it be where I targeted the spell to land?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Btw, if I use a launch missle effect, and on the missile unit I have Collide: Ground enabled. If it collides with something, will the impact effect be there or will it be where I targeted the spell to land?
Hm, well the impact effect will happen when the impact occurs, and that's only with the target. But I saw a missile that could do just what you were looking for, it used a behavior which checked as fast as possible (I think shortest periodic duration is 0.065 or something like that) which had a suicide effect as the periodic effect, and a validator that checked if the unit was on unpathable terrain (moving over doodads/cliffs).

The video is by OneTwoSC, making a fireball spell explaining everything you need to know:)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
You could also attach a region to the unit and run a trigger when units enters the region unless it counts for multiple units ofcourse :)

blastintime

Reaction score
Hm, well the impact effect will happen when the impact occurs, and that's only with the target. But I saw a missile that could do just what you were looking for, it used a behavior which checked as fast as possible (I think shortest periodic duration is 0.065 or something like that) which had a suicide effect as the periodic effect, and a validator that checked if the unit was on unpathable terrain (moving over doodads/cliffs).

The video is by OneTwoSC, making a fireball spell explaining everything you need to know:)

thx man, thats really helpful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.