Gaming Electronic Arts to Buy Seattle-Based PopCap Games for $1 Billion, Sources Say

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumor has it that local video-game maker PopCap Games (Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled 3) is about to bought for a whopping $1 billion. That's billion. With a B.

But until late last night, no one knew who the buyer was.

Now it would seem we have an answer: Electronic Arts.

TechCrunch first broke the news of the seemingly impending buyout. They noted that Zynga had been snooping around the deal for some time, but also that the asking price of $1 billion may have been too rich.

Read the news here.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blizzard and popcap have good relations already... EA and Activision are rivals... dangit! No more popcap addons for WoW!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
EA's plans for these next games: you have to buy the game, then you have to pay weekly to play it, and if you try to buy it used your not going to be able to play online. You are also going to have to make sure you pre-order for your vip code to get worthless DLC or else your going to have to buy one for another 50 dollars. Also, you are going to have to buy the ability to use a mouse and more money if you plan on using a keyboard too. then after all the rage of the buyers, EA will talk about how everybody loves their money making schemes and will implement EVEN MORE in the next titles!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot believe Popcap went for a Billion. That is insane! Bejeweled Blitz is a damn good game though :) Free game is not worth a billion though.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
EA's plans for these next games: you have to buy the game, then you have to pay weekly to play it, and if you try to buy it used your not going to be able to play online. You are also going to have to make sure you pre-order for your vip code to get worthless DLC or else your going to have to buy one for another 50 dollars. Also, you are going to have to buy the ability to use a mouse and more money if you plan on using a keyboard too. then after all the rage of the buyers, EA will talk about how everybody loves their money making schemes and will implement EVEN MORE in the next titles!

I doubt much people will actually buy the game, it's not worth the money.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cannot believe Popcap went for a Billion. That is insane! Bejeweled Blitz is a damn good game though :) Free game is not worth a billion though.

It is indeed a good game.

I think it's probably worth so much just because it's the most well known game on Facebook as far as I know. Facebook has a lot of pull with big businesses now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.