Elevator Maze Walls

The Pigeon

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a problem with placing elevator walls.

For some reason, elevator walls are longer then the side of an elevator. When I try to place one wall along the top of an elevator and one along the side, the editor won't let me because they overlap a bit (whether alive or dead). I've had a look at elevator tutorials, but they don't mention how to fix this.

What should I do?

The Pigeon

Cool Member
Reaction score
It works! Neat.

Oh, one point I should mention, is that I found holding shift only works if you're placing the elevator wall for the first time. If you've placed a wall already and THEN want to move it so that it over laps, the shift thing won't work.

Update:
One thing with elevator walls that probably should be included in the tutorial, is that you don't have to do the shear amount of individual trigger actions done in the tutorial. All you need is this;

Events
Time - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Action
Destructible - Pick every destructible in Elevator Heights <gen> and do (Destructible - Set height of (Picked Destructible) to (Random
integer between 1 and 3))

Where Elevator Heights is the region where the elevators are (Though you could call yours anything). However, you will (as far as I know) need an if/then/else statement for each elevator wall saying to the effect "If Elevator A height = Elevator B height, then turn of Elevator wall, else turn on Elevator wall" These statements should come after the random height generation show above.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.