Eliminating Footprints

retupmoc258

Reaction score
I am trying to get rid of the footprints. Shrinking down the size of units doesn't change the size of their footprints and to solve my problem I think I'd rather eliminate the footprints altogether. So I was wondering what I could do that would solve that problem. I have tried importing an edited SplatData.slk file only to have War3 crash every time it tries to load my file with the SplatData.slk file replaced (giving it the directory it would need to have to replace it in the MPQ file). So, if someone knows a good way to fix this, I'd appreciate help with that.

Reaction score
There is a texture file with all the footprints. Just make it black and alpha alpha alpha..

ReplaceableTextures\Splats\Splat01Mature.blp

retupmoc258

Reaction score
You have to remove the footprints from the models.

I have looked into this and as others before me have discovered, the footprints aren't part of the model at all. They are part of a separate file that Uberplayer points out.

So then, with the texture file, I don't know how to wipe it. I'm not familiar with model programs and editing them. Plus I don't understand your directions.

Reaction score
I'll do it. Import this and change the path to "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\Splat01Mature.blp".

Attachments

• Splat01Mature.blp
    16.8 KB · Views: 144

Azrooh

Reaction score
That's a 17 kb file, just use an empty text file and change the path to "ReplaceableTextures\Splats\Splat01Mature.blp". It'll be 0.1 (or somewhere around there) kb instead of 17.

Azrooh

Reaction score
I use text files for eliminating pinging and warcraft 3 doesn't crash... It might be different with footprints, not sure. Testing.

E: Okay, yeah, don't use what I said. It gives a 'game not found' error, not sure what's so different about footprints and pinging that does this.

Kiido

Reaction score
Does Uberplayer's method eliminate the footprints of all units? Cause I don't want that for my map. I also have no idea how to follow his instructions...

Is there any unit that doesn't leave footprints? Then I could just base my custom unit on that unit. If not, does anyone know which unit has the least conspicuous footprints?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Does Uberplayer's method eliminate the footprints of all units? Cause I don't want that for my map. I also have no idea how to follow his instructions...

Is there any unit that doesn't leave footprints? Then I could just base my custom unit on that unit. If not, does anyone know which unit has the least conspicuous footprints?
If you want to specific footprints I suggest you read a tutorial on how to use alpha layers to create transparency. There's plenty of skinning tutorials and it's essentially the same thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.