Energy Hero - Critic & Suggestions [Poll]

What you think of the hero, as it is now?

• I like it, not bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay, I want the 2 minutes of my life back it took to read the thread.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
So, I spend some of my time today trying to figure out some good idea for a hero.

This is what I came up with. Please rate it and desribe what you like/dislike about it, and what you think should be changed/improved.

Also feel free to come with any suggestions that is not related to the coding. I know the triggers are rough, I wasnt bothered about making them modifiable etc, atleast not until the spells are final.

Thanks in advance!
-Lindenkron

Attachments

• EnergyHero.w3x
    64.1 KB · Views: 95

No_exit

Regular User (What is Custom User Title?)
Reaction score
Ok I tested the hero well. You didn't quite mention if this hero was meant for Melee play or a custom map but anyways I'll try to review it.

The single abilities:
Dislocation: The effects are nice and it works well but having a random point to warp to is pretty dangerous if you ask me. Especially since that will make your mapmaking a hell because you need to make sure that the hero can't get stuck on certain areas on the map. (Imagine that you warp to somewhere where you are stuck and are out of mana. -> not fun)

Molecular Disruption: Looks good but I would allow the hero to walk through his own barricade or allow the hero to create it around a self chosen point. (The Learning tooltip says "Molecular ruption" instead of "Molecular Disruption")

Energy Flow: Again good looking skill but the drain amount is a bit low imo. Remember that while casting this, the hero won't be able to do his normal attacks of 40-50 at high level and the draining is only 30.

Pure Energy: The looks of the skill are not very fluently and could use an upgrade. The ability itself is ok but for normal Melee games not very usefull because you generally move in group so if your hero does this to flee then your other units will be lost. Maybe allow all surrounding units to go in pure energy form too? That would make it an ultimatum like ability. Also this would allow you to do a sneak attack by flying past the defenses of a base.

The combination of abilities:
Dislocation and Pure Energy are both "escape skills" so having both those on the same hero is a bit overkill since he will generally only use one of both. Pulling Molecular Disruption also onto the same hero, you really only have 1 skill anymore to do some damage and even that damage isn't very high because it's also meant to heal itself. So adding a damage skill would be nice.

To make the hero more complete I'm missing some sort of AoE damage punisher that could take advantage of the fact that you can trap units with the Molecular Disruption. So something like the "Blizzard" skill would come really handy here or maybe a bomb that you plant and ticks for 3 seconds and then hurts all nearby units (To stay in the pure energy theme, you can create some sort of unstable energy that is about to explode.)

At high level you have a high energy overflow because none of your abilities really take energy anymore. Dislocation barely takes energy, Molecular Disruption takes none either anymore and Energy flow never really takes energy so what good is your Int hero for if you got a lot of mana but nothing to spend it on :(.

Theme:
The theme of "energy" is very well conserved in the names and the feeling of the skills except for Energy Flow where health drain doesn't really feel "energy" like. As alternative maybe make him temporarely drain damage so that the unit is weakened for a certain amount or certain % and that damage is then given to your own hero. That would also give you a new curstom skill.

Bugs:
Whenever the expiration timer of Pure Energy runs out and you are not near a landable area (for example above a tree or on the circle of Molecular Disruption) your hero will keep floating forever.

If you are in Pure Energy form and then use Dislocation, the flying height from Pure Energy will be lowered for the duration of the skill Pure Energy skill.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.