I make my units uncommandable
When I try to click an enemy an error recieves:

'can't give issue orders to that unit'

How do I remove this error?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Uncommandable stops you from giving orders to units hence why you are getting the error.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
no, it's not what I mean.

- I want to make uncontrollable units, but I don't want players to see the error/warning when they make order attempts

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Create a new effect - target ability and check "Smart" in Stats: Flags. The smart flag will make the ability cast when you right click with your unit. This way, your unit will cast the ability instead of moving. The ability should do nothing because you want nothing to happen when the unit right-clicks.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There is a flag on abilities called Smart. What this does is when the player right clicks while having the unit selected, the unit uses an ability with this flag checked. So for example, the Move ability has this flag checked, so if you have a unit that can move selected and you right click on the ground, the unit will move to this location (i.e. the player didn't have to select the move ability first then choose the location to move to).

The term dummy just refers to an object that does nothing. In this case, an ability which does nothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.