Escape Help

BloodReaver

Reaction score
I have tried everything I can think of. None of it ever works! Unless you suggest something I didn't do o_O. Btw visit the members project section to see my advertisement :p

Can't you just make it? If so +Rep. (don't know how to do it and why its so special but everyone treats it like so)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
what about trying to decrease the sliding duration but move it slower and order him to change 1-2 degree to a target location... (if you issue order, you can check this in other trigger)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
If you don't know how to give people +Rep points, why do you offer it?
Well.... if any other methods fail, then let's just wait for other users who has better ideas to come and post.

Are you sure forcing a unit to face an angle via trigger also fail?
Here's the way I'd try :

Set L = Position of Unit (the one you want to slide)
Set RL = Target Point of Issued Order (can be "move" or "smart")
Set OldAngle = Facing Angle of Unit
Set NewAngle = Angle from L to RL
Set Diff = New Angle - Old Angle
Set TurnRate = 180.00
Unit - Make Unit Face NewAngle over (Diff/TurnRate) seconds

I think this will do, never tried though.
It forces a unit to face to the point over (Diff/TurnRate) seconds.
Reduce TurnRate to make him face the point slower, or increase it to make it faster.

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Can you just edit your "NotBlah and make it have:
-Ice controllable
-Ice non - controllable
-death on snow

Then you could be done trying to explain stuff to me and I would finally start to work past the first level!

darkRae

Reaction score
All 4 of them are Reals.
If I do that, you'll learn nothing.
If you make your triggers yourself, you'll learn faster.

Kill3rbeast

Reaction score
@ omg Darkrae

I told you why i dont use unit gorups!!! Just read the post right...
Unit Groups leak with time and take performance...

Whats your problem Blood Reaver, just take my second slide trigger it works fine and is 100% without leak because it DON'T use unit group, and it also have better performance then using unit groups. I explained why in my last post, too...

Just make it yourself and take my trigger as guideline, that shouldn't be so hard

PS.: Don't talk about Polar Escape BloodReaver this Escape is really noob made and you should not take this shit map as example for yours.

Turning Trigger is like that:
Code:
Turning1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set SlidePoint[1] = (Target point of issued order)
        Unit - Make TurningUnit[1] face SlidePoint[1] over 0.00 seconds
        Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SlidePoint[1])

This truning trigger is for one player only and i made this 10times, you can surly make it at once for all players in once trigger but here i can disable for example the sliding of one specific player.

SlidePoint(1) = This is a point variable with the array number of players
TurningUnit(1)= Is a unit variable with array 10.
and the custom script is to remove the positon and avoid leak.

When you make this for other player change the Number at SlidePoint, TruningPoint and in the custom script.

The slide units i set in other trigger like this:

Set SlideUnit(1)= Unit...

You can change the slide unit without problems in game.
Thats all you need to know to control you hero on ice.

And as i told in my first post dont forget to make the enemy units in your map "unclickable" with locust ....

@darkrae ... belive me ... i still made 4 escapes and they all work FINE i know what i talking about:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/4660/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/4659/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/3658/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5171/

Greetings & GoodLuck
Kill3rbeast

BloodReaver

Reaction score
AW DANGIT. You protected your maps...:(

Btw with the locust ability I just add it to the hero to make him unclickable?

Also I want some ice uncontrollable!

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
well you dont add to the players heroes but to the enemies. Than you must edit perment imolation and add that to the units so that they will kill units when they contact

Edit - Well i put in wrong post maybe but kinda same this thread was what i was talking in

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hold your horses Kill3rBeast (Always wanted to say that, hehe :p)

Unit Group leaks can be removed with
Code:
Custom script: call DestroyForce( udg_Your_Variable )

But I have no idea what you guys are talking about so yeah... :p

BloodReaver

Reaction score
Is the immolation a good way? I mean to make it so units cant get close to them? How do I get it permanent?

darkRae

Reaction score
@Kill3rbeast
It won't leak, because the units are the same all the time (no one get left behind)
And even if it does leak, use: 'call DestroyGroup()'
No need to use Exclamation Marks ('!') :p

Your Turning Trigger, it will cause the unit to face a point instantly, we won't want that (at least I do) Because then the unit can easily dodge things, without inertia.

Kill3rbeast

Reaction score
Sure it is what he want... Triggers like this are used in all escapes you can control slide. Just test it, it's what he want. He slides not instanly turns o_O play one of my maps ... is used this trigger and it's SLIDE ^^ belive me :p

@Blood Reaver... I you want that you cant control slide in a lvl just disable the turning trigger for each player when this lvl start and aktivate it when its finished o_O You can also deaktivate it for one singe player, maybe if you want that a region in a lvl is unslideable. You turn slide trigger of enting unit out and turn it on when he enters next region. That's why i made a Truning trigger for each player.

Theres a abillity named immolation permanent. Its not hero ability i think, its somewhere at unit abilitys. I dont think its so hard to find. Take this and give it to units that should kill the hero when he comes near. The range immolations should work you can change as long as it works perfect for you. The damage you set really high because it should kill at once and not burn a bit life.

BloodReaver

Reaction score
You guys...someone gave me the ice trigger. I tried to make the first level and it isn't working. Anyone wanna take it? I guess I need to learn more before this!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.