Evasion/Miss Aura

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Evasion/Miss Aura and Other Ability

I want to create a aura around a unit that gives enemies a chance to miss.
This unit would be summoned, stationary and would have a duration of 120sec.

I tried getting a dummy unit to cast smokescreen but that didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

I also want a ability that slows movement speed, gives a chance to miss, and reduces armour in a AOE for a short duration. Is there any ability that does all of those or will I have to use dummy units.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

If you had searched, you would have found that people have already asked these questions. I myself have tried to make an evasion aura. The thing is, it is hard and complicated to do. I think it might be easier to do in WEU, but I am not sure. The only way I know of to add evasion to another unit is to literally give an evasion ability to the unit so long as it has a buff...when it loses the buff, it loses the ability.

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
moving region with your hero
a unit enters region
give it eva ability bla bla
may be...

X

X-Dragonfire

Have you tried this yet?

Try this. Make an Aura. Add effect evasion. Now make a summoned unit off off the Beastmaster Quill-beast, call it <insert your name here> and change the model and all that stuff. Give the new aura to this unit, and make an ability to SUMMON this unit off of the BM's Quillbeast ability. Ka-ching! It SHOULD work, unless you did something wrong. If you did, I suggest you use triggers. Or mabye you could make a metamorphisis, except you make it exactly like your unit but it has evasion. That might work for temporary evasion on your UNIT. Or possibly you could mess around with healing ward aura (yes it's an aura, I gave it to a unit once ;) ) but change the ability to evasion instead of heal. I know nothing :cool: Oh one final idea... About the dumbie and smokescreen... Make a unit, make movement speed 0, make desired HP, etc. Now simply give it smokescreen.

T

Two_Sandals

Use the skill Evasion and set the targets affected to (air, ground, friend, self, invunerable, invunerable) and set the area of effect to around 900 then it will be an evasion aura like the other auras.

Jazradel

Reaction score
The problem is I want it to gives enemies a chance to miss not allies a chance to dodge. This is the ability I want the evasion for:

Summons a unit that gives nearby units:
Level 1- Attack and move speed +15%, +1 hp/sec enemies have 8% miss.
Level 2- Attack and move speed +25%, + 2 hp/sec, enemies have 12% miss.
Level 3- Attack and move speed +35%, +3 hp/sec, enemies have 16% miss.
Level 4- Attack and move speed +45%, +4 hp/sec, enemies have 20% miss.

Getting the attack and move speed and the regen was easy but I can't get the miss chance to work

Things that I've tried and don't work:
Smokescreen - just didn't work
Modifying Evasion - gives your units a chance to evade not enemies a chance to miss.

I will try using X-Dragonfire method of changing the effects but I doubt that will work. Using a unit to autocast Curse even if its cooldown and mana are set to 0 will still only curse a unit every 1 or 2 seconds. And I'd still have to use triggers to remove it.
I guess I will just have to order a dummy unit to cast curse whenever a unit enters the region though that will have the same problem as using a unit to autocast it.

S

Slaughter

Could you make a ward that casts a short-duration curse with practically no cooldown? I don't know how well autocast works for curse if you set the cooldown and mana cost both to zero, but if it does that should solve your problem without triggering. If you can't set them to zero, I bet you can set them fairly small and it you'll find that it functions well. An average attack cooldown is one second, so even if the cooldown on curse has to be at least 0.10 seconds, it would take a LOT of units in the area to make it so there are too many for the ward to get them all before they can attack more than once or twice.

X-dragonfire: of COURSE it's an aura...the name in the editor is Healing Ward Aura!!! :banghead:

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Im not really sure I see the difference between enemies missing and allies dodging :p It will display 'miss' in red both times on the enemy, and be the same effect, and LOOK the same :p So, could you please elaborate on that, lol? :shades:

Jazradel

Reaction score
By enemies missing I acutally mean enemies missing. If I only had allies dodging then if an enemy ranged unit fired at a unit out of the AOE he would hit 100%. I could do it that way if I cant find any other ways.

K

Kombat_Pro

Im guessing that you made a custom unit for each lvl if not this wont help but, if you did, just make 4 different evasion spells and put one on each for how much evasion you want them to have. Other than that i have no ideas.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Evasion
Code:
    Events
        Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) has buff Evasion Aura ) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Add Evasion  to (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Remove Evasion  from (Picked unit)
Base the ability of an aura for wat you want the other status to do.

Example.
You want the movement speed to increase to. Base the ability off endurance aura, and just change the condition to the endurance aura.
Code:
((Picked unit) has buff Endurnance Aura) Equal to True

That way you can have the effects of endurance aura and the evasion,

If i remember correctly you can hide the icon for an ability, that way the evasion ability won't show.

To make the correct ability of evasion use the condition, Level of Evasion Aura (or w.e) equal to 1,2,3,4,5 ect, then use an if/then/else to add the correct level, by using the action to set the level of the ability

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
thats kind of bad every half second you're checking every unit on the map to see if it has evasion aura...
what about making a unit group called Evasion_Group or something and make a trigger that adds a unit to Evasion_Group when ever it gets the buff and then every 0.5 seconds you check all the units in Evasion_Group to see if they still have it so you're only checking units that have had the buff instead of every unit in the entire map. and if they don't have the buff remove them from the group.

this way you dont check every unit in the whole map, but there are more steps to do so im not really sure which way would be better

and what is this smoke screen that everyone is talking about? i search for smokescreen in the editor and i get nothing.

Jazradel

Reaction score
Sorry if I've confused everyone. Smokescreen is Cloud but I call it that because SA from DotA has it.

S

Slaughter

Hahaha I thought it might be that. You can do miss-chances with that? I had no idea that Pheonix Fire existed, and now I find that Cloud is way deeper than I thought. TFT abilities are so ridiculous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.