event: unit finishes channeling an ability

LightChaosma

Reaction score
does that exist?

i have a trigger that deals damage, using the event starts the effect of an ability. but this ability has a 2 second channel in front of the cast. i want the damage to be done after the cast.

adding a wait in front of triggers causes malfunctions...

is there a way around making this thing MUI using arrays and periodic triggers?

Trigger:
  • Stab
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Stab
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Lightning slash buff from (Triggering unit)
      • Set temppoint[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set temppoint[2] = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temppoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Stab DummySkill to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at temppoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Stab dummyskill 2 to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to KnockBackGroup
      • Hashtable - Save 300 as (Key Distance) of (Key (Target unit of ability being cast)) in KnockBackTable
      • Hashtable - Save 750 as (Key Speed) of (Key (Target unit of ability being cast)) in KnockBackTable
      • Hashtable - Save (Angle from temppoint[1] to temppoint[2]) as (Key Angle) of (Key (Target unit of ability being cast)) in (Last created hashtable)
      • Set tempreal[1] = 100.00
      • -------- vervang tempral[1] door een damage berekening --------
      • Set Critbool[2] = True
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (25.00 + tempreal[1]) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
      • Set Critbool[2] = False
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint[2])

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i think some problems occur with channeled spells because triggers will fire even if the spell was not channeled for the full duration. so if you order your unit to stop it might still trigger. i dont know for sure, but i read about this kind of issue a few months ago.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.