Few problems with World Editor

UlquiorrA

Reaction score
(first post)

Well recently ive been making a map, saving, backuping etc.
I can test the map properly, but when I attempt to find the map in game, it does not show up, rather it is simply blank. The files are in my folder when checking in D:\Warcraft 3\Maps\Download, but it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone help me on this?

another problem i have is the initial view of players in game. Im attempting to make their initial view in the center of a specific region. I used this trigger:

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Escaper) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Center of Checkpoint 1 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

testing in game, it shows the camera view on a random spot (top left) which is way off the region that i chose.

Theres also this problem where, when i test the map, player blue (user) which is not being used at that time spawns as a Computer (Normal) which is quite odd as i did not trigger this.

help appreciated

Hellohihi

Reaction score

Change to

Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Are you sure you changed your map's name in Scenario > Map Description?
If not, do so. Then check for your map in-game.

Player 2 (Blue) won't show up if you haven't messed with Scenario > Player Properties. Check if Player 2 (Blue) is set to a Computer. If it is, set it to none.

Volkof

Reaction score
Same problem as me.

Your file name is too long. Make it shorter. You only need to right-click and Rename it. No need to open WE to change.

I would also like to ask why is it like this. I remember when I uses patches up to 1.22, they are fine, until I downloaded 1.23, then names that are too long cannot be displayed in Warcraft.

Strange

UlquiorrA

Reaction score
Okay i reduced the length of the map name, it works now (thanks in regard to that)

I triple checked the Player(Blue) in Scenario -> Player Properties and it is set to Users. Tested again, Computer (Normal) is still in play

Change to

Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds

this didn't work, the camera view after 0.5 seconds is still randomly at the top left

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
(first post)

Well recently ive been making a map, saving, backuping etc.
I can test the map properly, but when I attempt to find the map in game, it does not show up, rather it is simply blank. The files are in my folder when checking in D:\Warcraft 3\Maps\Download, but it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone help me on this?

another problem i have is the initial view of players in game. Im attempting to make their initial view in the center of a specific region. I used this trigger:

Untitled Trigger 001
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Escaper) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Center of Checkpoint 1 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds

testing in game, it shows the camera view on a random spot (top left) which is way off the region that i chose.

Theres also this problem where, when i test the map, player blue (user) which is not being used at that time spawns as a Computer (Normal) which is quite odd as i did not trigger this.

help appreciated

There is no Picked player make it (Owner of (Picked unit))

RizoR

Reaction score
Try This trigger

Trigger:
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Picked Player) to (Center of Checkpoint 1 &lt;gen&gt;) over 0.00 seconds

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
He jusnt needs to make it (Owner of ( Picked Unit ))

UlquiorrA

Reaction score
Thanks SharkBait, worked like a charm (h)

if anyone can still help with my Player(Blue) situation id be happier :D

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I triple checked the Player(Blue) in Scenario -> Player Properties and it is set to Users. Tested again, Computer (Normal) is still in play
Well ofcourse if player 2 is a user then a computer HAS to fill that empty user slot.

UlquiorrA

Reaction score
i have 8 other players from blue to gray, but only blue has this problem. All the other players have the same properties, but do not spawn as a computer(Normal)

Also, when i create the game in custom game, a Computer(Normal) is automatically placed as blue.

I have these triggers which should have disabled a computer filling the slot

Blue Unused
Events
Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is unused
Actions
Unit - Remove Escaper 0002 <gen> from the game
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Glenphir said:
Do you have any sort of spawn trigger to spawn the units for players in-game?
i placed the unit there already in the beginning, i dont think the trigger is a problem because i have the same triggers for the rest of my 9 players (different colours), blue is the only one with the problem

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Blue Unused
Events
Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is unused
Actions
Unit - Remove Escaper 0002 <gen> from the game
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Well if a Computer is filling the slot, the slot isn't Unused. Im sure there is a 'Is equal to a computer player' option, though it might be worded differently.

UlquiorrA

Reaction score
um not sure what u mean by (==) Computer, how do i add that in a trigger? (sorry im not very advanced at this)

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Oh sorry I use Newgen, just do:

Condition - Player Controller Comparison

and mess with the values

UlquiorrA

Reaction score
This is very weird, i disabled Player(Blue) in player properties (from users to None)
Tested the map, Computer(Normal) is still in play. There shouldn't be any player at all, so im not sure wat this is. I guess my only resolution is to recreate the map =_=

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.