Few reminds and examples

bLu3_eYeS

Reaction score
Hello.I am making a map and i lost a few notions about WE.
First of all:
1.How to i allow a unit to attack trees ? I know it is possible but i forgot how.
2.How do i make a basic Terrain? A tutorial or something? I am searching around but i didnt found any tutorial wich would make me use it.
3.Give me some ideeas about map secrets.

TomTTT

Reaction score
1. In the Object Editor, there is "Targets Allowed" field. Add Tree there too. If you want this unit to acctually Harvest - add the ability Harvest to the unit. There are different types of this ability for each race.
2. There is no tutorial, but you don't really need. Go to Layer options and you'll see the Terrain Layer or something like that. There it says everything. To add trees and stuff, go to the Doodad (in the terrain layer, there's an option up) and choose.
3. Umm.. Map secrets like hidden rooms or like Easter Eggs? That lets say, can be like when a unit comes near the same building 25 times, or click Esc 30 times and something ilke that?

bLu3_eYeS

Reaction score
1. I meant like when he rightclicks the tree he will go at it, he will do attack effect and tree will be dead.(i found out how to trigger it)
2. I saw a tutorial last year here about that but i think it was deleted(the tut. was really good)
3. Yes like easter eggs.Keep in mind that its a survival map.

TomTTT

Reaction score
For the terrain tutorial, just search in google "thehelper terrain tutrial"... I found a nice waterfall tutorial and a lot more links to other tutorials. :p.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
For the terrain tutorial, just search in google "thehelper terrain tutrial"... I found a nice waterfall tutorial and a lot more links to other tutorials. :p.

2P made a good terrain tutorial.

Easter Eggs... Something that is randomly declared, and helps the hero survive of course. Nothing like a chat command, because as soon as you know it, you can abuse it. Maybe not in the current game, but next time, as soon as the game starts, and get an instant bonus.

Or maybe a reward system, if you kill a certain amount of units, you get a prize. If you die with a certain amount of kills you come back to life. Things like that, which are not abusable and possibly hard to find.

TomTTT

Reaction score
I agree with HydraRancher. In survival maps, which are long but repeatable, knowing the Easter Eggs at start, if they are just something easy as I mentioned before, you do it on start, and the whole starting difficulty is gone... I would suggest maybe creating a random tree every game that gives something special. Maybe some additional lumber, nice ability or an eye candy effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.