Other [FFA] River Kingdoms 1.42

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
[Mass Control/Area Capture/Annihilation] River Kingdoms 1.42

RIVER KINGDOMS

Hey people. Figured I'd post this map on here I recently completed working on. It's actually a collaborative project that I started a few years ago with someone on this forum, and never completed. I figured I'd love to get a couple of opinions on the map itself and get some people to point out bugs, as I haven't had too much testing time on it.

The Premise: Basically, the map is a combination of a binding system with some hero development (three heroes currently, all custom abilities of course) and micro management. Your forces can be carried around in item form, or in your inventory where they stack for easier mobility and fast paced strikes. Only a couple of units are available when you start out, but you get access to more as you upgrade your fortress. Your fortress is your lifeblood, and if it is ever destroyed you lose the game. However, there are some safeguards such as AI controlled guards and more towers (as you upgrade) defending it.

Control Points: Another gameplay element makes this game more dynamic, and was never intended in the original design. Basically, there are 5 points around the map, mostly near bridges connecting players. Controlling these positions will get you periodic bestowments of units and even rare items from the gods (l2pagan).

Ultimate Goal: The ultimate goal is to obviously eradicate your opponents. Defeating one opponent will award you with an "Empire Point" which can be used for certain upgrades. You can also get "Empire Points" from holding control points.

AI: The game features a rather fledgling AI. It's not fully developed, and there are some bugs, but putting a computer in non-player occupied spot will handle the reigns over to a computer player. It's of course best to play with human players, though. Another AI-controlled aspect is your innate base guard. The guards around your base will not be controllable by you, and patrol around your HQ in two modes. Default is Offensive. In defensive mode, they will hug the base, but the base and them will get a defense bonus. Inversely, in Offensive mode, your units will patrol a wider area and get a bonus to their attack.

Binding: The combination aspect of the game isn't 100% implemented, but there are a variety of combinations in the game that will take two of you more rudimentary units and make them into something stronger than both.

Thanks for playing, any feedback, bugs, or criticism would be accepted readily.

Also, thanks to What666said, for his original idea and terrain-base. Thanks brah.

Changes: Weather events are now spaces out by a much wider margin than before, they will be alot rarer and preloaded, but are still in the game. Intimidation bug fixed. Gold bug fixed, was collecting way way wayy too fast before.

Attachments

• River Kingdoms v.b.1.44.w3x
    815.5 KB · Views: 198

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
nice map, 2 things to you:
-Remove the weather! everytime the weather switches the whole game laggs...
-the overlord hero can charm enemy starting hero pickers!!! (i had 3 heroes at the end of the game.)

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
That's great input, thanks:). I find the whole hero thing pretty funny, lol, no idea why I never thought of that. I also get that comment about the weather very often, and it's a system I've disabled in my previous maps for the same reason, but it didn't lag for me here. Must be my comp. If I can't streamline it, I'll remove it, moar input :>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.