Flare/Disease Cloud Ability Help

Leo

Reaction score
Howdy,

So I'm trying to design an ability and I need a little help. Basically, I'm calling the ability Chemical Weapons. What I want to happen, is that the flare effect goes off over the target area, and then all the units in the target area get affected by a more lethal form of disease cloud for a certain amount of time.

I don't normally do much ability editing, so I'm not too familiar with editing abilities. Could I do this with just the ability editor or will I need to do a triggered component? Lastly, I wanna stick with roc abilities to keep the map roc compatible. Any suggesions on how I could make this ability?

Thanks.

M

MoonRazer

i would help u. i really would but i use FT and i think i no of a way to do it there but for ROC i really can't think of it. have u considered spending the 20 bucks to buy FT? u can get it for less. it would make editing life easier and if u play on Bnet it wil help that too.

Leo

Reaction score
I have TFT. I just want the map to be RoC compatible. I can use ability editor, but I just needa stick with RoC abilities as the base.

T

the.Seeker

Use Inferno. Set Allowed targets to none. Set the summoned unit to a unit with the disease cloud ability and the disease cloud model.

Set the effect in the Inferno ability from the meteor coming down to the Flare effect.

That should do it.

Leo

Reaction score
Good idea, that works well, except for that since its infernal based it stuns the units, and i cant seem to be able to get rid of the stun :(

master maste

Reaction score
edit the infernal ability and get rid of the effect/buff stun. . .
or cant you do that in ROC? :nuts:

Leo

Reaction score
I tried adjusting everyhting in the infernal ability, but it wouldnt seem to go away

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Don't dbl post :D

Change the damage dealt by disease cloud, then create a dummy unit that has that ability and when it is created create a flare effect on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.