? for any of the experienced mappers

U

Unregistered

Hi. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I just bought the expansion pack "Frost Throne" and just started using the editor. I've been using the old editor that came with "Reign of Chaos" for a while now and have never experienced any problems. I thought it would be a cool idea to make a 5th race with all of the new units in this expansion, so i did. Only problem is when I try to test my map from the editor I get some weird crash message:

-------
FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\warcraftiii\War3.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F4A00A9

The instruction at '0x6F4A00A9' refrenced memory at '0x000000A4'.

The memory could not be 'written'.
--------

The message is exactly the same each time that it happens so im sure that it is just one thing that needs to change.

There are no triggers other than 'melee initialization' so thats not it. But there are TONS of custom units, items, abilities, and upgrades.

-I have had some similar problems with other older custom maps that either cannot load due to model files being missing.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
You should logon to bnet to see an acknowledgement message from blizzard regarding this problem (the msg was written today 17 july).

Any slk file you have used needs to be scrapped and your abilities/upgrades need to be re-done. You can do this one of two ways. You can either use the ability and upgrade editors with TFT to redo your stuff, or you can extract the new abilitydata.slk and upgradedata.slk files, and then re-enter all your values into these files.

Sorry to say, the process is not a quick one, it's taken me about 5-6 hours over 2 days to convert a map from RoC into TFT. The time it takes you will vary depending on how heavily you have modified the slk files.

Oh yeah regarding that crash thing, that is specifically caused by using an abilitydata.slk file that was made prior to the 1.10 patch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.