Forum Updates Nov 12th

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

We'll be turning the forum off a later this evening to perform another update to the forum software. As per vBulletin's security update, this patch is offered to protect our community from potential exploitation.

It may take a while to backup our forum data, so there will be a delay of a couple hours before everything back to normal.

I'll be certain to reply to this topic before the backup begins. In the event you have something very important to write, please keep a browser on this topic and/or write your ideas in a separate text editor. ;)

Chile

Reaction score
We're now performing a data backup.

Ergo, there may be a chance that your topics posted from now until the version listed on the bottom changes to 3.6.3 may not be here when we re-open.

thanks for your patience. ;)
Chile

Chile

Reaction score
Everything looks good. The upgrade was a success. :)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It was just some bug and security fixes. We are trying to stay current with our forum software and sometimes the latest versions have bugs that new versions fix and so on. The version we upgraded to was not stable as some exploits and problems came up so we had to patch.

Chile

Reaction score
There is also a list of 50 small bugs resolved between versions, so it made sense to do more than apply the patch. :)

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
The interesting thing with this 'security bug' is that the bug is acctualy in IE and not in vB. IE works in wierd ways, think about that next time you browse a vB forum with version older than 3.6.3. :)

Would vB have some connections to that?
I mean could vB become 'infected'?

Chile

Reaction score
It has to do with how I.E. displays images. Occasionally, I.E. doesn't read the image as an image file, but instead treats it as an executable file.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.