Free NUON controllers

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
If you remember way back Riff won an eBay auction for a bunch (I mean a *lot*) of NUON controllers. Close to a hundred in all I think. I think he intended to use the polyface chip for something, maybe a PC-to-NUON communicator. Too bad nothing came of it.

His dad obviously doesn't have a use for them and offered to send them to me. I'll definitely take a few in case of future controller hacking. However I don't have the need (or room) for all of them.

Does anyone want one (or two or three)? All you have to do is pay shipping.

I think they are all of the Stealth variety. I'm not sure if they are blue or brown.

Or I could chuck them up on eBay with a starting bid of 99 cents! (plus $14.95 shipping) ;)

[edit] Removed list

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You should send them to the sacred keeper of things NUON - K3V :D

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL - last thing I need is a closet full of NUON controllers. Don't think the wife would dig that too much. I've already got a handful of extras - I think I bought a few from Riff a few years ago when he was trying to unload some. IIRC they were the purple Stealth HPI controllers.

T

T2KFreeker

Hmm, I could use one or two of them. What's the shipping on these bad boys? PM me and we'll work it out man.:D

viMaster

Reaction score
Whoah, yeah, Stealth's are awesome. You should definitely get a couple, T2KFreeker.

I'd also take a couple. PM me with details and we'll get it sorted out :)

J

JustClaws

Hi,
If you remember way back Riff won an eBay auction for a bunch (I mean a *lot*) of NUON controllers. Close to a hundred in all I think. I think he intended to use the polyface chip for something, maybe a PC-to-NUON communicator. Too bad nothing came of it.
Despite not being able to play games realistically with my N501,
due to the TV compatibility problem, I would love to get my hands
on a Stealth. I have a Warrior with the awful brown buttons, and
a Logitech controller, so a Stealth would complete the collection.

In fact, if I could have 2-3 I'd be very pleased. I would like to
dismantle one and wire up the buttons to a parallel port adapter
to connect it to the PC, and see if it would be possible to fake
button presses via program from the PC. If that works, then it
would follow that a home-brew program on CD could be booted
to then transfer data (like BJL) from the PC to the NUON if the
NUON program read the game-port and stored the data in RAM.
It could then jump to the location in RAM, just as the BJL does
on the Jaguar. The principle is sound, but having only 2 good
controllers I'd be loathed to destroy one and play around thus.

Let me know please. I'm in the UK but the postage is worth it
to try this. I can't promise how fast, but one day I'll get to it.
At the moment I'm reviving my Jag coding so I'll revisit NUONs.

Cheers,
Richard / JustClaws.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Sounds good. I don't have them yet. Once I receive them I'll let you know the postage. I'll mark you down for three.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark me down for five of them. I will keep them for posterity, contests, or whatever. I am divorced so nobody tells me what I use my closets for :D

J

JustClaws

Hi,

Sounds good. I don't have them yet. Once I receive them I'll let you know the postage. I'll mark you down for three.
Thanks.
It would be rather nice to do something with them when Riff had
presumably had the same idea. It would be nice to fulfill the dream.

Cheers,
JustClaws.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Mark me down for five of them. I will keep them for posterity, contests, or whatever. I am divorced so nobody tells me what I use my closets for :D

Okay. I'm only getting fifteen in the first shipment and will be distributing them first-asked first-served. So you may have to wait a month or two before he can retrieve the rest. Maybe I'll tell Riff's dad to just send them all my way so we don't throw any of them out prematurely. I can stuff them up in the rafters of my garage :D

B

bones

I'd love two if they are still available, be fun to try something other than the Logitech.

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I updated the first post with the list of people and number of controllers in the order I got the request. Let me know if I forgot anyone. I think I may have accidentally deleted a private message or two.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. I'm only getting fifteen in the first shipment and will be distributing them first-asked first-served. So you may have to wait a month or two before he can retrieve the rest. Maybe I'll tell Riff's dad to just send them all my way so we don't throw any of them out prematurely. I can stuff them up in the rafters of my garage :D

There is no rush at all for this. It can take as long as it needs to.

T

T2KFreeker

Well, I'm there, so I am happy! Take as long as you need though boss, no big rush here either.

Willis

Reaction score
controllers

well, depending on shipping............i would like as many as possible. As soon as you know shipping on them then I will come up with an exact amount. I would like to get a hold of a lot of them though.

cdoty

Cool Member
Reaction score
I pickep up a Logitech on EBay pretty cheap, I no longer need one.

Thanks for the offer.

E

Elizian

Hi Skah ... Elizian from YakYak here.

I will happily take one of those off your hands.

I am selling my N504 >>> linky-link and it would be nice to be able to send 2 controllers to the new owner.

Happy to pay US to UK postage + commission :)

Elizian

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I was going to distribute them first-come first-served, but if no one else minds I can give you one from the first batch (which I have now received).

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
I'm going through and testing the controllers using the Controller Dump utility (although strangely the one on the Games & Demos disc didn't load for me).

Disappointingly I'm having trouble getting most of the controllers to work. I'll verify my results on another system, but if the yield is as bad as first appearances you all may need wait a while longer before receiving your controllers.

Elizian, I didn't test yours before sending. Could you verify that it works?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.