Freeing up space on my older PC

Lumograph090

Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong, I'm computer savvy to an extent, but I've always wondered for sure which files I can remove. As everyone knows when you buy a new PC they come loaded out the ass with files and programs you don't need, nor will you ever use.

Now, my PC is currently 4 years old and I'm trying to make it last till I can buy a new one here soon so I figure if I can get as much junk off of it as I can it might keep it running a little longer.

Here are two screen shots of my control panel of add / remove programs. If anyone who knows a good bit about PC's could please give me a list of every file I can remove that would be awesome. Even down to the smallest of things so I can make room.

&

The first list goes down to the file "Logitech G-series Keyboard Software and the second list starts obviously where the first left off :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First of all, what programs do you actually need?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
aim - use meebo if/when needed
i dunno what that abby fine reader is, if you dont know either, uninstall
you dont really need both firefox and IE8, and what exactly does the google toolbar for firefox do? chances are you dont need it or can replace it with a firefox addon (that dosent start without firefox)

also im not sure why you have like 20 java/java updates, maybe uninstall them all and then install the latest version of java?

Lumograph090

Reaction score
aim - use meebo if/when needed
i dunno what that abby fine reader is, if you dont know either, uninstall
you dont really need both firefox and IE8, and what exactly does the google toolbar for firefox do? chances are you dont need it or can replace it with a firefox addon (that dosent start without firefox)

also im not sure why you have like 20 java/java updates, maybe uninstall them all and then install the latest version of java?

Yeah, Im not sure why I have all those either, never knew enough to know for sure if i should keep or remove them.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Well, here's my catch..

Remove unnecessary players. You have K-Lite Installed, that's good :)
Remove Real Player and install Real Alternative

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Remove unnecessary players. You have K-Lite Installed, that's good
Remove Real Player and install Real Alternative

Huh? K-Lite can play all including Real... Is it?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
As far as I know, K-Lite can play most of the Media. Download Real Alternative and replace Real Player.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
To Lumograph090:

1. Put a
tag around the picture.

2. You might need to post more stuffs in the list of Add/Remove Programs. From the picture you have, I think there's more junk hidden than those which were already shown.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.