Freezing Field

PooBucket

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to make a shortcut on Freezing Field (from Dota) because I took 3 hours making the whole trigger (and it worked, yes it did) and now I acidentally did something to it, and it doesn't work ever again, so I deleted it all, and now I've made a shortcut, which works finely, but not properly. I've used a dummy unit (with locust, no model) and it doesn't work! No Frost Nova effect, not even a damage. But if I use something like a Peasant, it works. Also, the Peasants only stick to the right of my hero, won't move anywhere else. Here's the map.Right now, I've set it to a Peasant, and then you can change it to the dummy.(it's in the Undead custom section).

The reason why I think my Peasants (Frost Nova units) only stay to the left is because of the facing angle which I didn't put? I don't know, but help please. +rep for helpers.

PooBucket

Reaction score
It's already unchecked, no ticks in another words. Um, Flare, when I made the PERFECT one, the dummy units could target frost nova's on themselves.

Hmm... Well, since I copied it, I copied everything exactly, and there was a little bit of JASS, maybe the JASS there made it able to target itself? Want me to give you the code? I don't know a single drop of JASS except removing leaks btw.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
well hehe... since i don't know how to order locust'ed units target themselves I tried using thunderclap.. it looks the same... slows the same... just that minor bump on the ground... due to thunderclap..

unchecking random seeds won't help it to be random position since

offset facing angle is towards 0.00 degrees, meaning it always creates at the east..

change it to math - random angle.. and it should work. with the random position.

all i can say is.. it works using the thunderclap method.. by the way... set those hero abilities into a unit abilities since dummies are not heroes.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you mind posting the code on the site? It's not worth the time to open WE and look at your map when I can get a better look here.

PooBucket

Reaction score
Not my fault your too lazy...

Events
0.05 seconds of game-time
Conditions
Actions
Create 1 Dummy for player one at position of mountain king 0001 at random number between 100.00 and 600.00 facing default building facing degrees
1.25 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
add frost nova to last created unit
order last created unit to undead lich - frost nova last created unit

Well, when I copied it it could frost nova themselves.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to fix it but one thing is for sure, it looks like the mexican wave.

PooBucket

Reaction score
Lols.

And btw demotry, Thunder Clap only has the bump thingy on the ground when it has IT'S special effect.

Any helpers? Btw I'll try the random angle too, to see if that works too, but not now cuz wc3 not here.

Manee

Reaction score
Code:
FF Part I
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to FF 
    Actions
        Set FFCaster = (Triggering unit)
        Trigger - Turn on FF Part II <gen>

Code:
FF Part II
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set tmpPoint = (Position of ApocCaster)
        Unit - Create 1 FF Dummy for (Owner of FFCaster) at tmpPoint facing 0.00 degrees
        Unit - Add Frost Nova  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova ((Position of FFCaster) offset by (Random real number between 50.00 and 600.00) towards (Random real number between 0.00 and 360.00) degrees)
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_tmpPoint)

Code:
FF Part III
    Events
        Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to FF 
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off FF Part II <gen>

PooBucket

Reaction score
Ooh... now it works properly, cause of the facing angle. But I don't understand how facing angle got anything to do with it, isn't it what angle the unit faces?

Manee, I get how to make the trigger, only problem is where the unit is placed. And 1.00 second is too long anyways.

Last remaining problem is, how do you have the dummy unit not shown? As in the minimap? It still worked when it had the locust ability on on my old FF.

I know this is possible because Dota's one you don't see dummy units all over the minimap, and the one I copied from is the same. I might look in the little JASS section of FF on the copied version... I don't feel like opening it cause that map is huge and I need the laptop to open it because my computer can't do it without lagging heaps.

Btw, +rep to demotry. :thup:. I Don't like really long triggers. I copied this one and it took me 3 hours straight to do it (no copying and pasting either).

PooBucket

Reaction score
I do know how to make spells, just wondering how to get the dummy unit to cast frost nova on themselves without being shown on the minimap, aka locust.

Expelliarmus

Where to change the sig?
Reaction score
Try reading this

Abilities – Normal – It should include only the Locust unit ability. This will make the dummy unselectable, invulnerable and will remove its collision, allowing any unit to pass through it. By this you assure the unit cannot be detected in any way.

Art – Model File – Switch to custom and type none.mdl. This will make the unit invisible (not as invisibility, but unseen).

Art – Shadow Image – Switch the value in preset to none.

Art – Special – Delete everything there.

Combat – Attacks enabled – Switch to none.

Combat – Death Type – Switch to Can’t Raise, Does not Decay

Movement – Speed Base – Set its value to 0.

Movement – Type – Switch to Fly.

Sound – Unit Sound Set – Change its value to NONE.

Stats – Can Flee – False.

Stats – Food Cost – Set it to 0.

Stats – Hide Minimap Display – True

Stats – Sight Radius (Day) – 0
Stats – Sight Radius (Night) – 0

Techtree – Upgrades Used – Delete all.

Daelin's tutorial also included how to create dummies that do not show themselves on the minimap.

Malkier

Reaction score
Code:
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at (MK offset by (Random real number between 200.00 and 600.00) towards ([U][B][I]Random real number between 0.00 and 359.00[/I][/B][/U]) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
this is why they only showed to the right - they were only able to go in a 0 degree angle from the mountain king..
also it doesnt work with locust because the locust ability makes it impossible to target.. just remove locust ability, change the degrees and also id suggest removing vision

PooBucket

Reaction score
Yes, I do know to remove vision and stuff, that was just a test map... Your only repeating the other stuff from the posts Malk. Sorry guys, I was looking wrongly, I was seeing towards 0.00 degrees as facing angle.

Ahhhh, thanks for pointing that out to me, Expel, about hiding in minimap function. But doesn't locust do that too? And what if units start attacking the dummy units (but not kill because they expire too quickly)? It would be a waste of another cooldown for their next attack, and people would realise the spell would be buggy...

Btw, thanks for all the help people.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.