Atari Jaguar Frogger port from SNES to the Atari Jaguar - see the drama

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Frogger.jpg

The story as I read it over at Atari Age is that the Developer of the port was hyping it on the Atari Age Jaguar forum and at first all was well. Quickly though the Anti-Piracy crowd started questioning whether it was a licensed port and the Developer was like I am not involved with that I just did the port. Talk to the developer. Even though it is a forum and all the previous conversations are there things get messed up and the developer starts to feel the Atari Age flames and the drama starts.

Some of the big names in the Jaguar Homebrew start laying in on the obvious unlicensed port. The original developer is about a minute from bailing out on Atari Age because of the heat of the flames (it can get hot over there). I guess the developer reached out to a bunch of people and people finally started doing research and finally accepted that the developer and the person selling the unlicensed port were not the same people and drama is pretty much over.

Anyway, in the end, there is a pretty good unlicensed port of SNES Frogger for the Atari Jaguar and if you want read all the drama and see what is the current is. Check it out!

Cobra!

Reaction score
Yeah, it was wild!

I do kind of feel sorry for the dev, though. They’re clearly a very talented programmer, but don’t seem to have any experience with releasing a game, not understanding the publisher they got is shady and what they’re doing is illegal.

Not to mention selling it before it’s anywhere near done. I can tell you from experience that even releasing a finished game digitally with lots of bugs is a massive headache, let alone releasing what’s basically an alpha physically!

On the other hand, though the dev did initially escalate it, the fact the others involved are also in the wrong for mocking them and making fun of them for things they said makes me scared to promote anything I make on there, myself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.