Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

lmjai

Reaction score
Hmm ... I tried to find out how exactly hostbots work, but the moderators didn't allow me to ask that question in the forums:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142790

Without any help, I can not fix the desync/disconnect issues with hostbots. Sorry for that.

If you are still interested try here

http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0

It's the website of the only decent hostbot i know.
It seems desyncs happen in almost every oRPG after about 20 mins of gameplay, there is a thread about it here http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php?topic=8824.15 (doesn't say anything map related but about bot code)

BTW can you up a beta so we can start seeing the differences between classes? :)

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, most of the outdoor areas are soloable, even for a non squire, and I belive that the 'class quests' that ChannelKnark mentioned may be coming out as the means for changing your character from the base class to the advanced class (I'm sure I read something about that on the previous page). I have played on B.net with me as the only non lvl 1 in the game and only one person left (Who knows why, they left a second after game start). Everyone else enjoyed it, even the priest. Part of that may be that it wasn't to hard for them to level (As none of them were squires, this would usually have taken a long time) and finish quests with my help. If you decide to help the players level instead of going off and finishing your own quests, they usually stay and you just got another high level party member.

I would probably stop downloading the new version of this map if every character just got tanked up to be able to solo everything. There would be no real need for me to play it as I could just play a single player RPG meant for single player instead of a Gaias game where I don't need anyone to play with and therefore no-one really works as a group that is supposed to be multiplayer. Gaias is meant for multiplayer and it fits in perfectly there. Now it just needs to be finished and we'll have either the best or one of the best multiplayer ORPG's out there.

Also, if anyone needs a squire to play with, you can usually find me on B.net US East with the same name as my account here.

Keep up the good work Zwiebelchen :thup:

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
Hello guys,
thx ChannelKnark & the othere guys i (we) noticed what you are talking about, i love to see people with "good" feedback or ideas to our map.

All i can say now is i will talk in detail with zwiebel about my own impressions, which also deal with the "soloing".

Ah and i wish you marry Christmas! x)

Jming

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the mobs themselves are solo-able or not: if you don't get any experience, you can't level up, and therefor a creeps level being 1 or 10 is irrelevant.

easy leveling - i meant faster/greater exp and easier to kill

WindAngel

Reaction score
M'Xmas to you all! =) It would be great Christmas present, if you guys could release the version today, but if not, then a few screen shots of all the spells would be wonderful =)

but i guess we need to be patient for the good RPG to be completed

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
Hey ... ye im sry but you guys have to be patient.

But you`ll get some nice presents the next days yep ;)

burnt19

Reaction score
Another thing I would like to issue, is the boringness of priests. Every priest i have played with have said that priest is undoubtly the most boring class that exists so far, therefore they end up choosing another class. This leads to the fact that there is no healer, and so we can't do many dungeons, and leads to harder training. To be honest, I think that dungeons should stay the same. There is no point of doing such dungeons without the complexity of needing to stun on time with a thief, or the need for a healer, and that its easy for any class to solo, however I think there should be a massive nerf on creeps, so that people who are higher levels than others that are not squires nor priests can actually independantly level up.

~Win~Dangel

I agree with you that dungeons have to have the element of teamwork. I am a healer by the way and i guess it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy helping other people =P
Possibly there should be soloing, but in my opinion the best part of the game is teamwork.

WindAngel

Reaction score
I mean, stealing is great and all, but you get to the point where stealing is kind of useless, and thieves have an impossible time. I think that a element of evasion for boss spells would be awesome as well, like a fireball that deals 999 damage in a line, and moves slowly, while there are warning signs before, so that it could be harder (and stuns dont stop it). But I guess those things should be implanted after it gets into or out of beta stage. Ive been forum stalking this forum since December 19th lol

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
Well, when they charge up their spells, the unit does say what spell it's using. That itself is a warning to us. And if you missed that, you would probably notice how some spells take longer than others. [ Dam FireStrike. :( ]

WindAngel

Reaction score
What does that have to do. I'm saying that dungeons should be harder with skills that can't be interupted. I know fire hurts like hell, but its stoppable. there should be some dodging, i mean if your being targetted, you need to run a bit becasue it can be homing and ur trying to get it off ur tail or something

WindAngel

Reaction score
sorta, but instead of homing for so long until you can counter it with a spell it should like disintegrate after like 5 seconds?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just managed to get my hands on an internet connection here, so I thought I could post something to keep this alive.

Release date
As always ... I do not want to be more precise on that. Actually, I hate it when game developers give release dates and can not keep them. However, I did work on some code during the holidays and I am sure that I can finish the coding stuff during the first january week. This also means I can assist teh.Fellow in completing the terrain after that. So expect a release date like the end of the second january week. Dunno if it will be perfectly done by that time, but it will be close, at least.

Soloing
Well ... didnt have the chance to discuss this with fellow yet, but I agree that the outdoor content and quests that do not involve dungeons or outdoor bosses should indeed be soloable ...
We will discuss that and so something about it, I think.

lmjai

Reaction score
Soloing
Well ... didnt have the chance to discuss this with fellow yet, but I agree that the outdoor content and quests that do not involve dungeons or outdoor bosses should indeed be soloable ...
We will discuss that and so something about it, I think.

There are plenty of soloable rpgs out there, I think it would be funnier to make all creeps boss-like instead of that. I want to get to meet some people and face some challenge not to kill endless creeps on my own or having people in my game doing it. I know this can be pissing off sometimes because you can get noobs in a game but even those almost everytime do the job just fine (at least in ym games).

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
There are plenty of soloable rpgs out there, I think it would be funnier to make all creeps boss-like instead of that. I want to get to meet some people and face some challenge not to kill endless creeps on my own or having people in my game doing it. I know this can be pissing off sometimes because you can get noobs in a game but even those almost everytime do the job just fine (at least in ym games).
Well, we decided that it would be better for the map to make outdoor-trash soloable, for the following reason:
A time will come were 50 is the maxlevel of the game and where it is hard to find people in the level range of 20-40 ... we realized that it would be too hard to find people in this level range at a later state of game, because 70% of the content in Gaias Retaliation will be level 50 content. That's why we decided for the outdoor trash (and thus, all quests that do not involve boss killing or dungeons) to be soloable.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
Hey and there you get some new screenies from the upcomming content :)

hope you like them, but remember they are still WIP.

85946718.jpg

19100146.jpg

58323097.jpg

71413655.jpg

63669710.jpg

Reconcile

Reaction score
Anhkmaron looks epic! Excellent job guys! Shapy was pretty excited today while he was terraining, so that's a good sign I guess :p!

Ye7i

Reaction score

Plzz let that wierd black line disapeared :p Unleash the evil squire!!
Anyways. Great Rpg to be. I think if everything go forward this will be best orpg map in w3 (i have much experiance in all of the other ORPG maps so i know what im speaking about). What i like the most in this map is min and max exp diffrence cap. Its 5 or 6 if i do remember corectly. Whatever. This makes game more interesting cos you wont be able to make 999 lvls just by mass killing low lvl creeps. Teamwork must be essential. Looking forward for next extension and hoping that my code will work in it :p
EDIT:
Are you going to implement some repeatable quests?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.