Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Ye7i

Reaction score
Hey, I really love this game but I can't seem to find anybody to play with!?

What gateway/Garena RPG room/place do you guys play in? Kalimdor? Azeroth? Lordaeron!?

Please somebody help me start a new ranger?!
Im playing On Garena:

War3 RPG >> Europe >> Europe >> Room: Europe RPG Room 01-08
Very easy to find someone to play there.
Have fun

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sorry if I have to crush your expectations, but the map will definitely not be released this or next week. We are working the hardest to have fast progress, but I almost revised every damn system in the whole map and implemented so much new stuff, that I almost lost track about what is new now compared to the last version.

Just the most important things we did last week:

- a HUGE part of the new capital city terrain ... and believe me it looks awesome. Maybe fellow or shapy are posting screenshots of it the next days ... the map is now almost twice as much covered with terrain
- completely remastered threat system, item and creep registry, loot system, etc.
- implemented material bag
- created a crafting system
- remastered potion stacking system: you can now drop potions one by one instead of dropping all of them at once, also, you can now stack up to 10 potions instead of 5
- new loading screen and lots of new models made by fellow himself
- finished all new heroes

still to do:

- threatmeter (I don't think this will take long)
- balance adjustments: making the outdoor content (except bosses and dungeons) soloable
- class change quests
- new creeps and bosses
- loads of new items

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
I made some new hot screenies for you.

I hope they will make your waiting time acceptabel.

All screens are still WIP.

Just one of many streets, which have to be discovered by you!

87461478.jpg

Catapults attacking the sieged area

17881955.jpg

poor destrict

48704965.jpg

Eastern gate to the City

54056689.jpg

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
AMAZING! :O -is speechless- The violet FoG just amplifies everything 10x. Incredible terrain. I will wait any length of time to play the next version. Can't wait! :) Bishop here I come!~

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Guyz, it's not about terrain it's about models they imported, so you can't actually say: "incredible terrain", but more like: "Nicely imported models", anyway I like it, keep it up. :thup:

Ayonne

Reaction score
Guyz, it's not about terrain it's about models they imported, so you can't actually say: "incredible terrain", but more like: "Nicely imported models", anyway I like it, keep it up. :thup:

I guess landscaping is also imported. Actually to import the models doesn't make the terrain. Please don't talk rubbish =)

Awesome terrain

fazik

Reaction score
:eek: Awesome! Simply awesome!

Don't like the soloing part though. You can lvl up to 20+ (any character) without any help as it is. Its easy (just use skills + choose the right opponents) but takes a LOT more time. Wouldn't like this map becoming yet another hack&slash ORPG that are swarming on BN. But we will see how it'll turn out :).

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
:eek: Awesome! Simply awesome!

Don't like the soloing part though. You can lvl up to 20+ (any character) without any help as it is. Its easy (just use skills + choose the right opponents) but takes a LOT more time. Wouldn't like this map becoming yet another hack&slash ORPG that are swarming on BN. But we will see how it'll turn out :).

They're only making the non-boss quests and such soloable. It ispretty reasonable, I mean, come on; who wants to play for eight hours to kill a boar (fine, maybe not eight hours but, you get the picture)

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
Guyz, it's not about terrain it's about models they imported, so you can't actually say: "incredible terrain", but more like: "Nicely imported models", anyway I like it, keep it up.

I dont wanna be harsh or something like that, but its for sure NOT ONLY importing just some models ...

Its a bit more work then just this.

Let me explain it a bit, First step is choosing some nice ground models we wanna use ... ye thats this part for exampel the b2m models.. they are pretty nice. Next step is choosing the right mipmaps or replacing some textures.

Then you need the right tiles for this area, there you have to work often with multitiles (those multiles are self made also) using to get much more tiles as about the normal way with jngp.

If you have all those things make the area you decide to ( this is not just placing some models which look good ;)), in this step we also place sometimes wc3 models which are not beautiful.

After the raw is done its time to rework it,
and to change some models by making own models or textures.

SO plz dont write something like that it makes me angry cuz its not just importing some models be sure of that its 10 times more work.

Golodok

Reaction score
I like this Map :D

Best ORPG:)
Russia awaits new version:cool:

Agree with u =) There is more than ORPG.

I have found some. There is hole in bridge of rocks, near holems. Players or mobs are not selectable in this area (for example, for heal or buff). Bright light near cursor is my staff :D

See on screenshoot.

I hope, in future, u translate ur map to others languages and Russia too =)

Attachments

• Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 424

ChannelKnark

Reaction score
SO plz dont write something like that it makes me angry cuz its not just importing some models be sure of that its 10 times more work.

Credit to you guys. I used to work with the Starcraft Broodwar map editor, and once took a look on the Warcraft 3 one to see the difference. Simply said, you can make anything inside the Warcraft 3 engine with right coding.

Very highly appreciated, you guys doing all this work.

Also thanks specifically teh.Fellow for replying sincerely to my earlier posts - I started to think you guys were a bunch of "dont like it? get the fuck out" douches, but apparently not.

Keep up the good work - awaiting the next release of this map.

ChannelKnarken

WarZipp

Reaction score

Apparently your not a map maker. Think before your speak.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.