Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Actually, importing the proper models and textures IS very much an important part of terraining. Well, execution and design also is, but I think you get my point. If you guys just really made maps, it'd be very clear to you. Basically everything on those screenies are imported, down from the models to the ground textures. :nuts:

Not trying to start a flame war, just standing up for Furby.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
This is not the point, standing up for some one.

I also dont need or want that evry one stands up for me cuz than this threat ends up in a whole big flame ;).

The point is just one thing.

Guyz, it's not about terrain it's about models they imported

Its pretty much more then just importing and placing something.
some years ago i also thought its muchmore easier with this imports but the whole terraining gets much harder if you import all.
Like i wrote above. plz believe me

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Okay, now that I have more than 5 minutes to prepare a decent post, let me rephrase my last one.

teh.Fellow:

You seem like a nice guy. Anyway, in response to your other post, I think we all know how the terraining process works. Even if some of us can't terrain very well, (though, I fancy myself to be a pretty good terrainer... well, only for modern settings/maps) most of us know how to. In response to your other post: like I said. It takes skill to make that kind of terrain, but minus the imported models, the awesome factor just fades away. Furby might not have meant it like that, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to undermine the terrainer's abilities.

WarZzip:

Please don't get offended when someone says something bad about ANY project on this site, regardless of how much you like it. Furby IS a map maker... at this point, I ought to say "Think before you speak," but I don't wanna be a wisecrack, so never mind.

Anyway, the terrain IS great. Better than most other playable maps out there, regardless of genre. Incredibly awesome? No.

That is all.

Note: I'm not a particular friend of Furby's but I don't like to see people... not getting the point. Also, if you want to respond to this post, give me a visitor message. I don't want to see this thread polluted with even more junk posts. Thank you.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
Well Razalgrim you still dont get the point and i dont have the time and will to explain it evry time in detail.

Just be patient with sentences like "its only about importing models" thats the massage im trying to give you guys and there`s no point for you Razalgrim to prepare

I have more than 5 minutes to prepare

or to standing up for some one.

just standing up for Furby

thats the massage and if you still dont think so you can write me a pm and we can talk togethere about it. ;)

Now back to the topic plz

Quick request. Can we get the same screenshots without the fog? Or just lessen the fog filter a tiny bit?

Why do you need those screenies that whould be extra effort for me xD, beside that its the game fog and we dont plan to change it :eek:

Very highly appreciated, you guys doing all this work.

Thx :) those posts and the fun with the work and the Team gives us/me motivation ;)

@ Golodok Thanks for the information i`ll look for this bug, but atm we dont plan to translate the map in othere languages,
we have enough effort to translat it in english xD

just K2

Reaction score
Я заебался ждать выхода новой мапы :banghead:
maybe creat betta ver? :p
every day we look forward to the new version:eek:

Golodok

Reaction score
@ Golodok Thanks for the information i`ll look for this bug, but atm we dont plan to translate the map in othere languages,
we have enough effort to translat it in english xD

No thx =) If i can help with something, i do this =)

Whats about language =) I think, its not critical =) I like this map whatever language (if i know this language, of course =) ) she is.

ps: I have some problems with English too :D

Reconcile

Reaction score
Wow guys! As per usual, you've outdone yourselves yet again! (Is that redundant..?) Regardless, I'm stoked for this next version to come out, cuz' then I actually have a reason to play WC3 again!

WarZipp

Reaction score
Not trying to start a flame war, just standing up for Furby.

Razalgrim, your the one that doesn't get it. Think before you defend your friend and for god's sake read some posts before you reply :nuts:. Just by you thinking I was offended proves your ignorance to this controversy. I stand by my post saying that this is the best terrain that I have ever seen on a custom WC3 map. I'm not even talking about what the models look like, I am talking about Teh.Fellow's ability to use all of these imported models and actually incorporate them with the terrain. This kind of terraining takes a lot of time and on top of that he has custom tiles/textures which makes it an even more difficult task. You yourself said that you think your good at terraining ONLY with modern settings which proves that you have no experience with imported terraining. I'm not saying I know everything there is to know about map making but I know enough to state your ignorance. I think I should change my previous post and include your name. Apparently Furby and Razalgrim do not know much about map making.

WarZipp

Reaction score
As for the makers of Gaia's Retaliation, I wish you the best of luck and I hope the new version comes out soon. I have a great deal of respect for the 4 of you and I wanted to let you know that this map is the only reason I still play WC3 :thup:

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Okay, now that I have more than 5 minutes to prepare a decent post, let me rephrase my last one.

teh.Fellow:

You seem like a nice guy. Anyway, in response to your other post, I think we all know how the terraining process works. Even if some of us can't terrain very well, (though, I fancy myself to be a pretty good terrainer... well, only for modern settings/maps) most of us know how to. In response to your other post: like I said. It takes skill to make that kind of terrain, but minus the imported models, the awesome factor just fades away. Furby might not have meant it like that, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to undermine the terrainer's abilities.

WarZzip:

Please don't get offended when someone says something bad about ANY project on this site, regardless of how much you like it. Furby IS a map maker... at this point, I ought to say "Think before you speak," but I don't wanna be a wisecrack, so never mind.

EDIT: I even wanted to help them with map, they even accepted me in team, but never actually give any job to do.

Anyway, the terrain IS great. Better than most other playable maps out there, regardless of genre. Incredibly awesome? No.

That is all.

Note: I'm not a particular friend of Furby's but I don't like to see people... not getting the point. Also, if you want to respond to this post, give me a visitor message. I don't want to see this thread polluted with even more junk posts. Thank you.

Thank you for explaining.. teh.fellow, I did not really mean in way you said.. I did not say it takes 10 minutes to make it nor that you did not do anything but importing models, but as Razalgrim said, imported models makes 80% of terrain look incredible and without it it is nothing special, but choosing and deciding is also counted in and takes a lot of time. So nevermind, I still like your map and I don't have anything against you. :thup:

Apparently Furby and Razalgrim do not know much about map making.
Yes, you are THE ONE! THE PRO, sorry if I said anything against you, I'm kneeling in front of you for your forgiveness.

EDIT: I even wanted to help the Gaias team with their map, they even accepted me in their team, but never actually gave me anything to do.

EDIT2:
Apparently your not a map maker. Think before your speak.
Eh, I somehow cannot find anything what you've done in your life familiar with "map-making", think before your speak. :)

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
Ok, just in case you forgot, this thread is about the map. Settle your arguments elsewhere before this thread gets locked. I know you might want to just make ONE MORE POINT but seriously don't because you are just all getting in the way.

I am looking forward to the updates! Keep up the good work.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
I hear ya, but if this thread gets locked:

Also, if you want to respond to this post, give me a visitor message. I don't want to see this thread polluted with even more junk posts. Thank you.
Apparently, some people can't read properly.

Anyway, posting here has actually made me more interested in playing the map itself. Maybe I'll try playing LAN. Single player was too hard... last time I played (a long time ago), the Hunter's pet couldn't keep 3 seconds of aggro without me pressing continually.

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not to sure how the aggro works. I was playing a squire with a priest and he seemed to get more aggro then me.

WarZipp

Reaction score
I got pwnt :(. Anyway, the priest has more aggro when he shields people. A priest should shield himself before he shields the squire. I'm sure the aggro will be much more stable when they release the new version

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
I think the aggro is just too less towards the squire. I remember when I battle the level 26 boss, it always tries to go for the hunter, mage, or me [priest]. Only with constant stun/taunt does it actually bother to stay on the squire. And I shield myself first, then the squire, followed by the mage.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
I think the aggro is just too less towards the squire

The squire is not a pure tank you know there are coming class changes as a upgrade for the basic classes.

And we also want that the squire class needs some skill to tank the opponent mobs. So there is clearly a differnce between a player which plays his squire good and some one which plays him bad.

Additional which also comes as a agro bar system, we want that some classes be patient with brainless nuking.

If we would give the tank class much agro it would be pretty easy for all those things i mentioned above.

Please consider this if you think about the squire`s agro.

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
I just played this map for the first time about two days ago and I am in complete awe. This has to be the single best save/load ORPG I have ever played on the Warcraft III game engine and I've been playing off and on more years than I care to admit (since ROC was first released way back in 2001).

For those who don't know anything about map making or video game design, it's hard! You have to think about every single probable outcome to any situation that may occur, then read lines and lines of code just to find that one issue that went wrong. It's very tedious and super frustrating. What this team has put together is nothing but phenomenal. The storyline is captive and interesting, the world itself and terraining is one of the best I've seen ever on Warcraft, and the gameplay is well balanced and challenging.

I can not wait for the next version to come out. I find myself anticipating its release every day now :]

A few suggestions and questions:

I am aware that there are not enough skills currently at the moment for this to be an issue, but what will happen when your skills fill up on your hero and there is no longer any room for any new skills? Will there be a NPC who will allow you to unlearn skills or will you be adding another box similar to how you have passive and active skills? flipping through boxes could be aggravating trying to find the skill you are looking for if you do not know the hotkeys especially in the middle of a boss fight, though I think it would be the best way to do it. Maybe have a new skill box for the new class skills for example you have your squire passive skills in one and your squire active skills, then your crusader active skills in one box, and the passives in another.

Also I think it would be rather interesting to implement an arena or something where players could choose to fight npc 'players' 1v1 in a match or vs other players, though this map could easily do without PVP I think it would just be the cherry on the top.

Will there be any level ups on skills and is there a hotkey for Heroic Presence to activate it on for squires?

Keep up the great work guys! I have no doubt that this will become one of the biggest save/loads ever created on WC3 when it is finished :]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.