Game Cache

Sonic

Reaction score
How to save a hero in map 1 and load it automatically in map 2 without game cahce because I don't have a trigger SAVE GAME CACHE?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Immpossible.
You have to create game cache in order to use variables from one map to another. But I don't see a problem with creating a game cache...

Sonic

Reaction score
You see I don't have a action Save Game Cache without it I think it's not possible

DioD

Reaction score
blizzard removed this action from GUI last version...

use custom script.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Check if you have any folders named UI or Scripts in the same folder as the WC3 application.

blizzard removed this action from GUI last version...
Are you sure? I presently have it on Mac and Windows, and I'm fully updated (not running NewGen, don't know if it makes a difference).

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well if they removed it in the newer version then just do as DioD said, use a custom script.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
DioD is right, i dont know if it was a mistake or they just took the wrong pill that day but game cache has been removed for GUI. in jass you can still use it without problems.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I really don't know what you're talking about...

DioD

Reaction score
it is not possible to download editor, just connect to battle net and make sure to get latest version of editor.

Weep
personally i dont have this GUI call in editor and patched my game to open campaign maps without errors, may be this is related to something like windows version or subversion (A,B,C,D,E)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i havent gotten it either. i know it for sure i had a map where is used this action and since the latest patch i cannot open it without using new gen because of the missing function.

Magthridon96

Reaction score
Put these in custom scripts:
JASS:
set udg_SomeCache = InitGameCache("Your_game_temp_data")
call SaveGameCache(udg_SomeCache)

Between these 2 lines, store all the needed data using StoreInteger, StoreBoolean, etc...
You'll need a gamecache variable in GUI called SomeCache..

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.