Reaction score
Code:
Game Clock
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ClockSeconds = (ClockSeconds + 1)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ClockSeconds Greater than 59
            Then - Actions
                Set ClockMinutes = (ClockMinutes + 1)
                Set ClockSeconds = 0
            Else - Actions
A good way to display the values is to add them to, and update in a multiboard, or via chat message.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
It dosn' t matter but looks nicer in my opinion:
Code:
Clock
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Set ClockSeconds = 0
            Else - Actions
It is simpler than I thought.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Neat and simple. Yet very clever. :)
+rep.

I, personally, would prefer if you added a part how to display it, though. Like how to put it in a multiboard or something.
Otherwise someone will ask how to do it, and I believe it's better to have it all in the same place. :p

Good job, either way. :)

I

IKilledKEnny

Not to try to be offensive or anything, but that's pretty basic, I don't think you can create a whole tutorial about it, maybe simply post it in Free Trigger Code?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You could have a clock variable with an array of 2 for less variables (that's juz me). Umm... As kenny said quite basic... What was that other thing I was gonna say (omfg I forgot -.-).

Oh yeah, the every 1.00 seconds of game time might not be 100% accurate. I dunno, I just THINK. Nothing on warcraft seems to be very accuracte :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
isn't a second of game time like 3 milliseconds?
i also think this should go in the trigger code section.

You can also add hours :p

S

Synangel

what me and my clan (clan cmma) have been doing is editing the clock icon, its original, and not very hard, but so far its our secret..wont take long to get out, but it was cmma that did it first!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback guys.

I know its simple, but beleive me, there are some people out there who wouldn't have a clue on where to start.

I was hoping that it might get moved to the free trigger code section or something like that.

I will most probably also add in how to display the values to players.

Note: I don't think I need to add in hours, simply because wc3 games don't usually go on for too much longer than 1.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Very Nice 10/10

My Criticism:

Simple, Clean, Effective

My Advice:
  • Add more ways of doing this for the beginners (Example: Using Gold and Lumber)
  • Displaying The Time on a Leader Board/Multiboard

Oh yes it may be easy for professional WE users...but to beginners it is a hell lot of work.

+Reputation

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not to try to be offensive or anything, but that's pretty basic, I don't think you can create a whole tutorial about it, maybe simply post it in Free Trigger Code?

i know what you mean but i dont really think too many people look in there? let alone people who are new to TH/WE...:D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
This system won't display the place filler 0's, will it? I mean it will show 4:7 instead of 4:07, right?

I

IKilledKEnny

It can be easily done by doing: If (seconds / hours ) > 10 then: display string with a zero when needed. Else: display the same string without the zero.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
It dosn' t matter but looks nicer in my opinion:
Code:
Clock
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Set ClockSeconds = 0
            Else - Actions
It is simpler than I thought.

I don know if someone said that before but

Your code is not simpler but it is different

your clock will go like this:

58, 59, 60, 0, 1

his clock will go like this:

58, 59, 0, 1, 2

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
It can be easily done by doing: If (seconds / hours ) > 10 then: display string with a zero when needed. Else: display the same string without the zero.

That's what I did. :p Though, if the clock will go 59, 60, 0... it will be off because, essentially, the 60 IS the 0 on a clock.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
What? hae? What did you do or did not?

I wanted to correct sooda

essentially, the 60 IS the 0 on a clock. <-- that is exactly the fault which sooda did

Tonks

Reaction score
what me and my clan (clan cmma) have been doing is editing the clock icon, its original, and not very hard, but so far its our secret..wont take long to get out, but it was cmma that did it first!

Not much of a secret, since it's fairly simple to edit the displayed values in the game clock.

Tinki3, explain to me, why is this useful? What purpose does it serve? Are you absolutely sure that it was worth the time?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know that. :D I just stated it more clearly in case anyone missed the problem between the two, or didn't know which one was right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.