GIMP-Edited Photos

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
So recently I've been editing some pictures in GIMP. Mostly self-shots. As egotistical as it could seem, it's simply because I don't really have any better object to use.

Here's the best, imo. I'll be putting some more up in this thread later on.

Original:
IMAGE_322_orig.jpg

Edited:
IMAGE_322-1.jpg

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Everything about you looks like a 30 year old, except your face. The hair, clothes, necklass. o_O

Make your face less bright next time, its like the light all bends off course and flies at your face.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Pretty, but what exactly did you edit (Besides black and white? :p)
Bit too bright from the face

Jessi

Reaction score
Everything about you looks like a 30 year old, except your face. The hair, clothes, necklass. o_O

Make your face less bright next time, its like the light all bends off course and flies at your face.

I'm able to buy alcohol and get into bars without being carded. Most people guess at 23. It's funny.

The overexposed face was kinda the point, but I get what you mean.

Pretty, but what exactly did you edit (Besides black and white? :p)
Bit too bright from the face

I overexposed my face, I significantly brought out the features of my face, mainly the eyebrows, eyes, and eyelashes. Touched up some ugly spots, blurred my right shoulder to increase focus on the head. Brought my hair and headband into sharper focus. Did quite a bit of burning on my hair, and a bit of dodging on my headband.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
The pic looks nice. I like how the eye on the right is almost isolated in all of the white.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Wow, you look truly beautiful in those. Though if I were a bouncer you wouldn't fool me, you still look way to young to be entering bars/clubs, though I am really good with ages. There is not much of a difference between the original and the one you edited, though I agree with w/e about the eye on the right. I would close the line art (not that it is) though on that eye, at the bottom left where the eye fades into white, and see what that looks like. I'm all about subtleties I guess. I mean there are a lot of things you can do with this it just depends on what you're going for. I like the original one the best, lol, spare just the exposed face area on the edited one because it has more contrast and brings out your eyes. However it added too much contrast to the rest of the image, especially the shadows on the left. See if you can go back to the original and darken just the eyes and lighten the face as is in the edited one. It's really just adding contrast there and I think you'll get that achieved, but for the purposes of altering an image you will need to find more to do to it. As far as black and whit photography go, this is a great shot, nice angle and well balanced. As for your subject matter, I don't think the guys here will tire of it all that quickly.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
But making it too bright doesn't look great. It makes the overlaying object become simplistic in a way that isn't too tasteful.

But whatever, it still looks nice. :p

Jessi

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but i think the nose looks funny, in both of them xD

I agree. The photo itself was a bit too bright and blotted out some details, such as my nose.

I think it's a bit too over contrasted. There are other ways to get that effect without having so much pure white and black.

Like how?

Here's another:
redjacket_manip.jpg

The comments & criticisms are great, keep them comin'. :]

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
hmm its ok but i think some more color to 'even' the image out would make it better. Perhaps coloring the eyes, lips or hair will even it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.