Going to South Korea in July

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Guesthouses is where its at for cheap accommodation.
StarCraft and LoL? Blargh.
Hongdae, Noraebang, Soju and hawt Korean women is where it's at.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I am set up to stay in something around 120 a night. Since I have time and it is just me I bet I can beat that by half and stay in a guest houst or something.

camelCase

Reaction score
Ouch, that's, like, ouch.
My accommodation was 200,000 won for 10 nights. (I spent the last two nights at the Sheraton.)
But, then again, I split the cost with 2 other friends.

Two of my friends (not the ones I was staying with) got piss-drunk one night and I put them up in a room with two beds and a personal shower and toilet for one night, cost 50,000 won or 25,000 won for each person.

You must've booked some fancy hotel O_O

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It might be Japan, I don't know. I kind of just merge most of those countries together for convenience typically.

Last time I went on a cool trip with friends, one of them got way too drunk and disappeared for a few hours, then called us to come help him get in the room, which he was no where near. We eventually found him, in the wrong hotel, on the wrong floor, trying to get into someone's room with his driver's license, with his pockets full of like forty dollars worth of vending machine candy and soda.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Rofl ^

Well, anyway have a great trip, both of you!
Btw: Would you post some pictures, when you come back?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah, we don't take him to Canada anymore.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
So I am going over my final itenerary and notice I will be gone for like 20 days including travel time. I will actually be arriving on July 4 or right close to it as I am passing over serious time zones. I leave July 2 7 PM Central Time. Arrive in California 3 hours later and it is 8:30 Cali time. Then a layover for four hours in LA then off to Korea which I believe is an 11 plus hour flight.

I wonder if the US Military there will have anything going on or if they even celebrate July 4th in Korea... hmmmm.

camelCase

Reaction score
If you miss home while in Korea, go to Itaewon. Lots of westerners there.
IIRC, US military isn't allowed there or sth. But I know for sure that their base used to be around there but moved because of certain incidents..

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read a whole lot about Itaewon. One of the most popular US Expat bars is right at the Hooker Hill where the service people are banned.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on your adventure. May the Asian's Soul welcomes your Visit.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The Pool at the Hotel I am staying at when I am in South Korea

The Hamilton in Itaewon

The pool is a whole seperate deal from the Hotel though it is a part of it. It is always an extra charge. In the party district :)

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The pool is not just for Hotel Guests. It is part of the Hotel but even Hotel guests have to pay extra and seperate to use it. Frankly, I doubt I will even use it. Too much other stuff to do. If MTV came to Korea this is where they would probably come :)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I would rather not recommend spending extra on recreations in the hotel you're staying at. If you were to venture out a little bit, you can still play the recreations but you also get to save more of your wallet.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I would rather not recommend spending extra on recreations in the hotel you're staying at. If you were to venture out a little bit, you can still play the recreations but you also get to save more of your wallet.

I agree. I doubt I will really be at my Hotel very much at all as there is so much to do in Korea and they have such an awesome Subway that can get you anywhere super fast. I hear it will be Monsoon season when I am there so lots of rain I understand. I am packing my umbrella :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.