Google creates own Open Source programming language called Go w/ Video

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Google has introduced its new experimental programming language Go, which aims to combine speedy application development through simplified coding with high-speed program execution.

Go is designed to serve as a systems language, rather like C or C++, but is extremely fast for development like Python, while still providing the benefits and security of being a true compiled language. The programming software is being released in an open source version because it is now at the stage of being powerful and useful, and because the open-source community is a great resource for developing better tools and libraries.

Last edited:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Line enders look confusing as it seems that only some statements/functions use them.

Sensei

Reaction score
This slice idea instead of changing the pointer for arrays is pretty cool. Although I don't like the idea of using nil instead of null...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This slice idea instead of changing the pointer for arrays is pretty cool. Although I don't like the idea of using nil instead of null...

Yeah "nil" instead of "null" is just fail. Every other programming language I know uses null.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Easy built in support for multithreading and thread to thread communication. That's pretty sweet.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
20000 line of code in under 10 seconds?

It takes longer for a 300 line cpp file to compile. I may need to try this out.

1000th post GET.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
one project as a time google :/

I'd prefer it if Google didn't stick to simply search and Ads. I happen to like all the other stuff they've created.

It is a strange language, but it's Google that's creating it. They have a very good reputation for being innovative. Even if this doesn't become universal, or even used by many people, it can still bring in new ideas.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bah. I was beaten. I didn't know Ruby and Pascal use nil :p

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Google is taking over so many aspects of our computer lives...but I don't mind..

Go, Google Go.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not heard about Google Go in a while. Is it a thing nowadays?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.