Got a fast internet? Mine's faster!

Reaction score
No seriously, this thing I've encountered is one of the most awesome things that ever happened to my computer (except for installing Warcraft III, perhaps). I could not believe my own eyes, but the time it took to downlaod a 1,2 gb file is unbelievable to me. Just see the attached screenshot!

I just HAD to share this!

Attachments

• Buggerly!.JPG
    Buggerly!.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 232

Demi666

Reaction score
i got brevbandsbolaged 100mb/sec, ppl say thats the fastest.. but what do i know...

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I have 400 mbps...

But then again...idk if my browser allows all of it to be used

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What kind of service are you using?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
What kind of service are you using?

Optimum Online :D

But it's the upgraded version...so I pay extra...about 200 with phone,cable,and internet

Btw:

Can you PM me and tell me how you made your image hosting site?

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I think that OC 194 or something is the fastest...
Of course, there have been speeds up to 4GB/s, but that's like military stuff.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
It's not always military. My friend's old boss - who runs a very successful corner shop - had a computer with 16 gig RAM, 4Ghz clock speed (I think that's what it is... correct me if i'm wrong) and internet of about 4 GB/s. He did it by hooking up several top-spec computers, and whole load of other crazy crap that I didn't understand.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
A quick math tells that it's impossible to download +1 GB in 12 seconds with the speed of 28 MB/sec...:D Dummies, this is the Humor Zone.:D

Reaction score
Actually, if you calculate how much there is left, with 1.3*72,1/100 that is equal to 0,937 GB that is equal to 959.795 MB which is then equal to 982830.28 KB. Divide that from 28092.4 and you get 34,98 second. So yes, that's not true.

How did I do this? I was simply hoping not to loose my download because it was interrupted in middle - computer went down. And I knew opera starts downloading everything from scratch if it was turned off, so I just saved file to another directory and copied the unfinished one to the downloading folder. It was just interesting to see that speed.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
For anyone who really cares about their download speed.

www.speedtest.net

Then goto "My Previous Results" and on the right hand side change it says "speed measurement" in that little box, change it to kilobytes.

Mine goes around 750kilobytes a second.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
750 kB? or 750 kb?

kB = kilobytes
kb = kilobits..

Good for you, my fastest is 79.+ kB T-T

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.