Greedy AI Won't Heal Meh!

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
In my RPG project, I have Dark Green as a computer player, which controls all allied npcs.

Yes I did set things so Dark Green treats the players as allies and vice versa.

I gave one of their casters a modified version of Rejuvenation, so when players walk by he will heal them if necessary. However, he won't heal me! When I'm damaged, he just ignores me (even when I'm damaged a fair bit). He won't use it on himself or other Dark Green units either when they're hurt.

Why?!

I also tried editing Rejuvenation to match the new version instead of using a new ability based off it - no dice. I even tried normal Rejuvenation and he won't help. It must have something to do with the AI or something.

Any ideas?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I gave one of their casters

Any chance this is a non-melee unit?
If so, the AI won't use it, I think.
You have to create your own AI since the only one the computer uses by default is melee....

oorosco

Reaction score
Just trigger it and spare yourself the trouble... "Unit enters range of healing unit" "Issue healing unit to cast (spell) on triggering unit"

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Ghan - as far as I know, the computer, when faced with units/spells based off base melee ones, will work its melee out in a similar fashion for the most part. Still, I'll try it out.

Oorosco - I would, but it can get messy considering 8+ players. This still doesn't solve my problem though, as this problem is going to persist through many other parts of the AI in the map (in terms of its behavior with custom units). Unless I manage to fix it, I'll be triggering half the map just so the AI knows how to be a team player.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
By any chance, do you mean that you set Rejuvenation as "Default Active Ability"?

I would try giving it heal that heals 0, with autocast on. When it heals, trigger a dummy to cast rejuvenation.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
set cooldown to zero and use the aforemention idea. trigger it:

Code:
Events:
A unit gets within 300 of Caster
Conditions:
Triggering Unit Type is Hero equal to True
Actions:
Make Caster cast Rejunavation on to Triggering Unit

thats it, make it no mana cost and have no cooldown and ur good to go. XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.