Guard distance for neutral hostile

Smitty

Reaction score
Evening folks.

I'm using neutral hostile units, and giving them huge aquisition range. They come and attack me- good. The problem is that they then just go back to where they came from. Even though I've used 'AI-turn guard position for (last created unit) off'. The trigger is not the problem, but it's not doing what I thought it was. Anyone know what the issue is please? :(

EDIT: Should I just use a player slot with no controller? :(

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Have you tried setting the "Creep - Guard Return Distance" and the "Creep - Guard Return Time" under gameplay constants to very high amounts?

About the player slots. I tend to use computer controlled player slots if I want the NPCs to use abilities but I have tried testing the guard distance with the same settings. The computer controlled units act kinda strange. Sometimes they do return when they reach the max distance sometimes they don't.

Edit: You could set the "Creep - Guard Distance" to effect the whole map as well? If your map allows it of course.

Smitty

Reaction score
Thing is, i don't want a globally large guard distance or return time. It varies from one set of units to the next. Some I want to completely ignore it, some I want to act fairly normally.

Solu9

Reaction score
Could you tweak your trigger so you might be able to use "Issue Order Targeting Unit/Point" instead?

Smitty

Reaction score
Hmm, I might try guard time. Since the units which I want to have effectively no guard distance are in quite enclosed areas, I can set the time really high, but keep the distance short. Thanks ^^

Solu9

Reaction score
Hmm, I might try guard time. Since the units which I want to have effectively no guard distance are in quite enclosed areas, I can set the time really high, but keep the distance short. Thanks ^^

Post what you come up with.

Smitty

Reaction score
Oh, I see. I just changed ownership to a player with no controller. Made it easier in a way.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
"Ignore guard position" doesnt work for neutral hostile. Use a player slot instead.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.