(Help) Chat Event Triggers

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi!:D

I need help to make a system of triggers so that when a player types "-money X" where X is a number, he loses X gold and after 30 seconds he gets 2X gold.

I need the key for the trigger, cause I've been looking for some kind of "Player types a number" event, but it doesn't exist...

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The action is something like this.
Trigger:
  • Player - Set the Gold of (Player(Triggering Player)) to (Entered Chat String)

I'm writing freehand, so stay with me.

kaboo

Reaction score
this is the general idea, but its not MPI
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Add ((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 17)))) x -1) to (Triggering player) Current gold
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Player - Add ((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 17)))) x 2) to (Triggering player) Current gold

elpini0

Reaction score
First of all, thank you for your posts (+rep).

That's what i was looking for, but could you explain me how does that trigger work?

I mean, what I see is "Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring", and then "Add ((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 17)))) x -1) to (Triggering player) Current gold"

-This "reads" the chat message entered and it looks for an integer string?? What if there are more than 1 integer in the message?
-What are those 8, 17 numbers?? What do they mean?

I'd like more info about that action to know how to use it correctly by my own.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Ok. Here's the FULL trigger (It'll work for all players)

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 9 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 10 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 11 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
      • Player - Player 12 (Red) types a chat message containing -money as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Add ((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 17)))) x -1) to (Triggering player) Current gold
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Player - Add ((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 17)))) x 2) to (Triggering player) Current gold

As for how they work.

The "substring" function used basically gets a certain part of a string. So the numbers 8, 17 indicate the starting point and the ending point of the substring.

For example. When typing "-money 1000". It gets all the characters (the individual letters/numbers) from the 8'th position to the 17th position. Here:

The 8'th position = 1
The 17'th position = somewhere past the string.

If the string is shorter than it's supposed to be, like in this case, it won't matter as it will take as much as it can. In this case it will take 8th to 11th (1000). Then it converts it to an integer that it can use in calculations.

Note that if you give it a word like "Hello" and tell it to convert it to integer, it obviously won't work. Even things like "H1" won't run properly through the conversion.

So now we have the number that the person's typed and all we do is:

Firstly we "Add" -1 x the number. This is pretty much the same as subtracting the number.
Then we Add 2 x the number. This is the same as giving the player twice as much gold as he gave.

I hope this explanation was satisfactory.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.