Help Converting Legacy WC3 map to SC2

dante117

Reaction score
Hey, is there anyone here that can help me convert a warcraft 3 custom map to the galaxy editor for starcraft 2?

when you use the "convert legacy map" it converts the terrain over (for the most part) but not much of anything else.

when i originally picked up this map years ago and began editing it after a friend had stopped, all the triggering and terrain was already done. so really what i learned to do with the WC3 editor was units, balance, and some small triggers.
i dont have enough knowledge or skill to manually rebuild the whole map from practically scratch, especially in the SC2 editor.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hey, is there anyone here that can help me convert a warcraft 3 custom map to the galaxy editor for starcraft 2?

when you use the "convert legacy map" it converts the terrain over (for the most part) but not much of anything else.

when i originally picked up this map years ago and began editing it after a friend had stopped, all the triggering and terrain was already done. so really what i learned to do with the WC3 editor was units, balance, and some small triggers.
i dont have enough knowledge or skill to manually rebuild the whole map from practically scratch, especially in the SC2 editor.

The "Convert Legacy Map" feature isn't complete. For now, all you can do is see some of the terrain get transfered over. So far, it's working as intended. Blizzard will probably add a lot more to it.

dante117

Reaction score
The "Convert Legacy Map" feature isn't complete. For now, all you can do is see some of the terrain get transfered over. So far, it's working as intended. Blizzard will probably add a lot more to it.

yea, thats why i need some help filling in what the map editor leaves out

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
i believe that even when the converter is 'complete' it wouldnt have the ability to transform a legacy map completely and neatly.

c'mon, coding algorithms are very diverse and it's hard to comprehend that one converver has the ability to translate all code into sc2.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.