Help needed with Spell

Progesterone

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to make a spell that has a similar appearance/animation as the spell "burning oil" : it is targeted to a unit but affects other units a certain AOE. What the spell does is the following : to reduce the attack by x, armour by y, slows the unit for t seconds and decreases z hitpoints per second for t seconds. Can someone please help ? thanks !!

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Decrease as in damage the unit, right? And reduce attack by x as in a % reduction?
I think its better with a pure dummy spell and a simple trigger that adds all the effects to it. Now for the spells to put the effect I'd suggest Roar, it has modifiers for 3 of the 4 things you need, but I'm not sure if it can kill a unit. Just add a slow. Other than that you could use shadow strike. It has damage over time that can kill and can be used for the slow. Just use a trigger that creates a dummy unit to cast these spells. What effects and animations you put is enterely up to you.

Progesterone

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ! But sorry, i'm quite noob, could you please lay out a more detailed example as to how i can achieve that ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Open up World Editor press F6 (hotkey for Object Editor). Find Ability Tab press Crtl + f (Brings up search function, make sure Ability Tab is active.) type in "Roar" press enter, it should find you Night Elf unit ability Roar, modify all "Data fields" what you like.
To get negative values check box from File > Preferences > Allow Real Negative Values in Object Editor. When you want to use negative number in "Data field" hold down Shift key and double click on field what you want to edit.
Lastly check from "Stats - Targets Allowed" your targets, I asume it should target enemy units so instead of friendly use enemy.
If you want to color buff under unit to red use in your buff name this code:
|cffff0000Text|r

Progesterone

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I have read the tutorial and now knows how to create a dummy unit. May I know what is the exact trigger sequence to cause the dummy unit to cast a spell everytime my main unit casts one ? And also, does the dummy unit actually follow my main unit around ? If not, then there might be problems with area spells, since i want the spells to affect the relevant area in which my main unit is casting.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
Dummy Units only created when it's needed, and killed when it's done

The unit don't have to follow the main unit.

When the Spell is casted, you can use Trigger Action Unit Create Unit facing Angle, change the

Create 1 Dumb-Unit on (Center of (Playable Map Area)) facing Default Building facing degrees.

to position of your main unit, or to any position you want based on your ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.