Help on opening my map

popo80000

Reaction score
erm.. i cant open my map at the world editor...

when i open my map on a older version world editor, it open and pop up a window saying that some option is nt supported by the version(Older Version).

When i came home, and try to open my map wif my newer version of world editor, i cant find my map when i click the open map window...

Wat can i do to make my map to be able to open at the newer version of world editor??

i saved my map at the older version of world editor and now im unable to open it at the newer version of world editor.. can anyone help me?

Thanks in Adavance!(+rep) :D

popo80000

Reaction score
i did not do anything to it... i jus fix my leaks on the older version of world editor...
and i did nt use map protector on it..

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Are you using the original World Editor? - And was there an update on the lately?
I know that WE is backwards compatible, so you should be able to open your map.

You say that you can't find it in the Recently Opened menu, this shouldn't be alarming. You might have done some registry cleaning and this was removed.

Can you type the whole error message you get?

- Baltazhar

istar

Reaction score
What do you exactly mean?
for example, if you use newgen jass, there is a remove WE limits thingy
if you set a lot of trees, newgen jass allow you to save just fine, but normal WE will not allow save as max trees number is reached
in this case, it still allows you to open map but not save

possibly some other versions may have some specific data that doesnt allow open too
need to type the whole error message to know what is it

popo80000

Reaction score
Are you using the original World Editor? - And was there an update on the lately?
I know that WE is backwards compatible, so you should be able to open your map.

You say that you can't find it in the Recently Opened menu, this shouldn't be alarming. You might have done some registry cleaning and this was removed.

Can you type the whole error message you get?

- Baltazhar

hmm.. i did not do any registry cleaning to it...
i jus scan n fix my thumbdrive... which i tink it will nt cause this problem..
i did nt get error msg, jus a normal msg that tells me that some option is nt supported in the older version of world editor and i saved my map at the newer version of world editor....

How can i make it to be able to open it? is there any way? :(

Baltazhar

Reaction score
When you say "normal message", it's not really normal I guess. WE shouldn't say anything, it should just shut up and work as we want it to :p

Can you post the message it gives you? Never had this problem before, but I'm pretty sure it can be solved. At least I hope it can, for your sake.

- Baltazhar

popo80000

Reaction score
The message is something like this:

This file is saved using a newer version of world editor, and some option may not be supported by this version. Continue to load the file?

Something like tat above..

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Are you sure your map is saved in the folder you are looking in?

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Well it apparently states that you currently are using an older version of WE than the one it was saved with.
-Are you sure you have the newest version? Just log on to B.net and see if it fetches a new version.
-What happens if you press "yes"?
-Have you uninstalled/reinstalled Wc3+TFT lately?

popo80000

Reaction score
nope.. i did nt reinstall anything..

when i press yes... i jus started loading my map for me...
i nt sure whether do i hav the newest version, but i noe that my WE is newer than the version whr i previously saved at...

EDIT: how do i check whether my WE is the latest at Battle.net?

istar

Reaction score
go to WE>help>about WE
latest should be the same as your tft currently 1.22
unless is newgen we, then its 1.21b

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Most people seem to be missing the point of this. The error message popo posted happened when he COULD open the map with an older version of WE. As the original post reads, the problem occurs when he tries to open it in a more recent WE version where no error message is displayed and the map cannot be found in the Open menu. The 'error' message that appeared when opening with the older WE version is most likely insignificant.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
You can check you WE version by following istars directions.

The idea about logging into battle.net was only to check if any updates was available. If started downloading an update upon connecting to battle.net, a newer version would have been available.

If the map loads when you press Yes, and everything looks to be what it should be, then there isn't any problems. Try saving the map with a different name, and then close WE. Open the new map, and see whether it makes the same message. If it does, there is something wrong with your WE, and you should consider reinstalling Warcraft 3.
Sometimes, random and unexplainable things mappens to maps. I've tried that my map became corrupt, and couldn't be opened by any means. That really sucked, so I had to roll back to a previous version. A good tip would be to take regular backups of your map, in case this happens.

- Baltazhar

popo80000

Reaction score
saw792 says exactly wat my problem was... hmm Baltazhar i do not hav the old world editor wif me.. it is wif my cousin house which is far away frm my country...:(

wat can be done? any other ways?

Baltazhar

Reaction score
It would probably have been useful information that you have opened and saved the map at your cousins place ;)

As Saw says, it's probably nothing important.

Open the map in the new editor, save the map with another name, close WE and open the newly saved file. This should fix the error message.
Then you have to test the map, and see if everything is as it should be. It probably is, but it's always better to be safe than sorry ^^

- Baltazhar

EDIT: I think I just confused myself a bit. Saw are you implying that maps saved with an older version of WE can't be opened without an error on a newer version of WE? It would seem retarded for any application not to be backwards compatible...

popo80000

Reaction score
thanks anyway even it cant fix it... but its ok i will hav to redo it..
Thanks for the effort! +rep

Baltazhar

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate, nothing worse than a map gone bad.

At the bright side, now you know your cousin should update his WE before he plays with your map ^^

And thanks for the rep.

- Baltazhar

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.