Help please !

Progesterone

Reaction score
Hi all, I have 2 questions:
1) I wish to make a spell similar to the "caustic liqour" spell of SAND KING in DOTA, ie, a passive spell which causes damage to surrounding units when that unit with the spell dies. May i know how to do it ?
2) I wish to make one of my UNIT(not HERO) immune to the CHARM spell ONLY, but not to other spells. My that unit is actually Gar'Thrul(an orge unit available under "campaign") Please teach me how !
Thank you very much for your help !!

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
1. Use incinerate. It's an orb effect though, so it's hardcoded to not work with some other orb effects.

2. Hmm, you might wanna do it like this:
Code:
Event - Unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition - Ability Being Cast equal to Charm (DummySpell)
Actions - 
If (Unit type of target unit of ability being cast) equal to Gar'Thrul
Then
Else - Change owner of (Target Unit of Ability Being Cast) to (Owner of Triggering Unit)
The Charm (Dummyspell) is a dummy spell based off channel that does nothing and absolutely nothing. This leaks though, so you would want to remove the leaks. +Rep if it was helpful? :D

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Do not do as TSE said for the first question of yours (of course you can, but I wouldn't do it like that) but do this:

1.)
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Gar'gal
        (Level of SandKingAbility for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    Actions
        Set p = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of p matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (1000.00 x (Real((Level of SandKingAbility for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_p)

EditX: it does not leak anymore, if you do not understand the "custom script" part, I suggest you search after the words "Leak Tutorial" here on thehelper.net

Menelaus

Reaction score
for #1 you could create an invisible ward upon death, just a thought. i liked t.s.e's idea for number 2

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Do not do as the TSE said for the first question of yours (of course you can, but I wouldn't do it like that) but do this:

1.)
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 10000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Wouldn't that cause 1000 damage to all enemy units within 512.00 whenever a footman dies, regardless if it died while having the Caustic Finale on it?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
+Rep if it was helpful? :D

don't beg :(

aswer for nr 2)

imunne

Code:
Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Charm
                (Unit-type of (Targeted unit)) Equal to Rifleman
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Make (Targeted unit) Invulnerable
                Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Target is immune to...
                Wait 0.01 seconds
                Unit - Make (Targeted unit) Vulnerable
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Else - Actions
Do nothing

Just without the "Do Nothing" in the else-section would be great, as in do not add "Do Nothing" anywhere.

Progesterone

Reaction score
hi all ! thanks for the replies ! Appreciated them very much ! With regards to the "Caustic Liqour" Spell that i mentioned, is there any spell under the Spell Editor that i can make use of, to create my Caustic Liquor Spell ? Coz i need to make the spell appear on that unit(Gar'Thrug) spell inventory just like a spell that the unit has, instead of just creating a trigger...Thanks !!

Progesterone

Reaction score
hi all ! thanks for the replies ! Appreciated them very much ! With regards to the "Caustic Liqour" Spell that i mentioned, is there any spell under the Spell Editor that i can make use of, to create my Caustic Liquor Spell ? Coz i need to make the spell appear on that unit(Gar'Thrug) spell inventory just like a spell that the unit has, instead of just creating a trigger...Thanks !!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.