Help with a spell

Crimson

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a passive animate dead spell where once you kill a unit, a dummy unit will come up at the unit's location and cast animate dead. So I made the trigger using dying unit but the things is I don't think dying is equal to dead so animate dead doesn't cast. How do I make the spell work?

Trigger:
  • Frostmourne
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Devotion Aura for (Killing unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set Frostmourne[0] = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at Frostmourne[0] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Animate Dead (Lord of the Scourge) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Animate Dead (Lord of the Scourge) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Devotion Aura for (Killing unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Death Knight - Animate Dead
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Frostmourne[0])

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, if that really is the problem with the unit not being dead yet, one way would be adding a 0.75 sec wait (or something) before the actions, although it wouldn't be completely bug-free!

Then I guess you have checked everything with the spell and the dummy unit, removed mana cost etc :eek:

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Set the death animation faster, as when the unit dies, it plays its death animation, then the corpse appears.

Crimson

Reaction score
I tried changing the animation speed but still nothing and I don't think I could add waits because the skill might screw up if the hero uses a mass kill ability...anyone got more ideas. Oh by the way +rep :)

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You could give the Animate Dead ability a casting time, that would allow you to wait until the corpse has appeared, and wouldn't cause problems if the triggers runs again before the casting time is up.

Crimson

Reaction score
Oh well I just found out the problem. I based the animate dead ability on the neutral hostile one but I was using the order string for the hero version of animate dead. It works now but what I don't get is why the order string needs to be specific. They're both practically the same ability right? So why have two different order strings? Anyway thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.