Help with ability like Wisps' Spirits!

MicroSheep

Reaction score
Im trying to create an ability like Wisps Spirit orbs, that spin around the caster and explode on impact with another unit.

Now i made it work by using a unit variable array, and setting each orb as a array to that variable. But that only worked for one hero, and i didn't feel like making 8 different variables for 8 different players, so i decided to make a unit group instead.

It works, but the only problem is, i can't seem to make the units spin from their location, in a circle. The best i could do so far is move them all in the one location and spin them that way, but if they're all set at 400 units, and 0,45,90,135 (etc) degrees, how can i make them all spin from their initial position without going to the one location?

This is the trigger i have:
Trigger:
  • GS Knockback 1 Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint[1] = (Position of PoisonUnit[1])
      • Set TempPoint_2[1] = (TempPoint[1] offset by 400.00 towards (1.00 + (Real(Location[1]))) degrees)
      • Set Location[1] = (Location[1] + 2)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Poison[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (TempPoint[1] offset by 400.00 towards (0.00 + (Real(Angle[(Integer A)]))) degrees)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
What you need, is hashtables. AND, please avoid double posting. (Posting twice within 24 hours on the same thread)

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Make a new array variable PoisonDummyPoint. Set each dummy as PoisonDummy1/2/3/4 and have its point be PoisonDummyPoint1/2/3/4. Repeat for all dummies and just do it manually, I suppose. You could get fancy with "For each Integer A from 1 to 4, set (PoisonDummyPoint) = (PoisonDummyPoint) offset by (400) towards (Angle from (Position of (PoisonCaster)) to (PoisonDummyPoint[Integer A]) + ____) if you want to save time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.