Help with ability

comparami

Reaction score
How do you make a wall ability like casting it on front of you will stop units from going near you. pls help

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
what exactly is the effect that you want, do you want it to slow down units that come near the wall or do you want it to just block passage?

if its just to block passage, im bored so imma make a spell that does something like that and ill upload the map when im done

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just make a dummy unit with the model like rock pillars or something.
Then when you cast the ability do some math's stuff to make it appear in a line.

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
Wall Spell Map

So here is my version of the spell you asked for. It creates units for the segments of the wall, you could do destructibles instead (which can't be targeted) but theres no "Set expiration time" for destructible, which makes destroying them after a certain duration difficult if you have a lot of units that can cast this spell.

The trigger called Wall Variables has a bunch of parameters you can set for the wall, like its size, what unit you use, etc. Any questions let me know, hope it was helpful.

Attachments

• WallSpell.w3x
    19.3 KB · Views: 67

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
Just make a dummy unit with the model like rock pillars or something.
Then when you cast the ability do some math's stuff to make it appear in a line.

there is one issue of placing the wall on top of units, i tried setting the collision size of all units on the map to 0 before putting the wall down, but it still got messed up if there were units in the way

so my solution was if there are units in the way, knock them back a certain distance, then put the wall down

pandamoniuma

Reaction score
actually i just thought of something, you could hide the units, then put the wall down, then unhide them, and i tried it and it works, lol

so heres my 2nd version using that trick instead

Attachments

• WallSpell2.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 73
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.