Help with importing

X

xahe

im just starting out in the world of modeling. though ive used editors similar to gmax before, i still don't know the program very well. im trying to do something simple so that i can understand how the entire process of creating a model and putting it in game works from start to finish. my question is do you have to have textures associated with a model in order for it to load when it is imported into the world editor? I though that if no textures were associated with the model it would automatically color it the color of the controlling player but whenever i try to import this regular old box its unable to find the model. when i start the test map all i see is circular shadows on the ground where i was trying to place the model. I know im doing something stupid wrong but i can't figure it out. Ive reviewed the tutorials on the site but there isnt anything that shows the start to finish process of importing just some basic figure with no texturing into the editor. there are tutorials that show importing the figure as a step i haven't figured out what my problem is from these. The file is in .mdx format. All of the code is correctly copied.

Let me know what other information you may need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.