Help with [Passive] Trigger spell + Cooldown. +More Help

Claud

Reaction score
[Passive] - When the Heroes mana is getting below 20% it will regain 45% of all its mana.
This can only happen ones every 50 seconds.

[Skill number one] - Arcane Bullet - Deals 80/140/200/260 damage (4,5 seconds cooldown)
(Witch spell would be the best to to create this spell?)

[Skill number two] - Arcane Missles - fires of 3 missles to strike a target over 1 second Deals 90 damage pr missle

[Ultimate] - Would be cool with a create idea for an ultimate! Thanks already! :)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
for #1, you would need a trigger that has events "unit starts the effect of..", and then check if the level of your (dummy) spell is > 0, and is under 20%, and then set the mana accordingly, disable the trigger, order the unit to use your dummy spell (for cd), wait 50 seconds, then enable the trigger

for #2 - something like chain lightning with 0 bounces?

for #3 - create 3 dummies, give them each a spell similar to #2 with a different casting delay, and order them to cast the missile spell

#4 - no clue.. a theme/idea would be useful (I didn't get one from the previous 3..)

Juggernaut

I don't know what to change it to
Reaction score
for #1, you would need a trigger that has events "unit starts the effect of..", and then check if the level of your (dummy) spell is > 0, and is under 20%, and then set the mana accordingly, disable the trigger, order the unit to use your dummy spell (for cd), wait 50 seconds, then enable the trigger
Isn't the spell passive?

IMO - You would need to detect when the hero learns the spell, and then create a trigger that periodically checks if mana of unit < 20%. If so you set the mana using
Unit - set mana of unit
then you disable this trigger and start a 50sec timer.
Create a new trigger - when the timer ends you turn the previous trigger on.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Isn't the spell passive?

IMO - You would need to detect when the hero learns the spell, and then create a trigger that periodically checks if mana of unit < 20%. If so you set the mana using
Unit - set mana of unit
then you disable this trigger and start a 50sec timer.
Create a new trigger - when the timer ends you turn the previous trigger on.
If you disable the trigger it will be useless if other players have the ability, if that is the case then do as jugs says only instead of disabling make a Boolean and set it to true, after the timer set it to false, in in conditions check the Boolean.

Juno**

Reaction score
Uhh.. I can't be of much help here anymore because everyone has helped with your questions already, so I'll just give an idea for your ultimate.. It's pretty simple..

Magic Seal - silences an enemy target for XX seconds. Any arcane damage that the target unit takes will be doubled. (or another would be : all the arcane magic damage the unit takes will be stored in the seal (before storing, the damage is still applied)and after the seal vanishes, all the stored damage will be applied again to the unit)
(eg when the target is hit by Arcane Bullet, then the damage will be doubled)

but the triggering for this spell might be too easy or too complex for you.

Xialian

Reaction score
@Juno, could you tell me how to do that? I'm quite a baddie at doing these things, but I like making heroes in my small map for my own entertainment, and at the moment, I am creating an assassin-type thingie (I just posted a thread about an ability for him, maybe you can help there, too? :D). It would fit perfectly!

Claud

Reaction score
Thanks Juno**! Very nice idea! :)
-And thanks to everyone else, i have figured out the spell, and it works perfectly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.