Help with spell please (Damage over time)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This post has been majorly edited to filter out what was fixed.

Inferno
Supposed to cause initial damage and then damage over time.

EDIT: I've uploaded a Demo Map with the spell. Because once I cast it, any mob around the hero decides to run away, which is very confusing.

Ulla_t

Reaction score
Well, using wait fuction in a damage trigger, make the damage stop i think..
But well you can allways use the Unholy freenzy for damage over time .. :thup:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Why not just use simple DoT spells like Acid Bomb or Shadow Strike, which naturally place buffs on the target units? Acid Bomb even has the possibility of reducing armor and area effects.

Essentially, I don't think damage type does anything special (correct me if I'm wrong).

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Why not just use simple DoT spells like Acid Bomb or Shadow Strike, which naturally place buffs on the target units? Acid Bomb even has the possibility of reducing armor and area effects.

Essentially, I don't think damage type does anything special (correct me if I'm wrong).

No the actual spell I based it off was Thunderclap as it was an instant cast. The trigger deals with all the damage. I will try Acid Bomb as it sounds like AOE? where as Shadow Strike sounds single target. Major thanks +rep :thup:

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Gah Acid bomb requires a target. I need it to be instant cast like Thunderclap, I don't think there is a way to make it instant cast?

Mythes

Reaction score
Trigger it.
Create a AoE spell, even base it off thunder clap if you want to, then trigger it to, when a unit uses Thunder Clap (edited one), it will pick every unit in "Aoe of thunder clap" (that is, a range that you choose to be the AoE) and make a dummy cast Acid Bomb on it.
If you don't get this, tell me... I'll try to explain better.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea I think I get what your saying. Will implement it right away. Thanks a lot +Rep :)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
View attachment 40503

I've got further... But the enemies run away when it's cast. I'm not sure whats going on or how to explain it... So i've uploaded a demo map.

Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Post triggers please, not a demo map. From what you describe, it sounds like the caster becomes invulnerable for a short time, or something similar.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've given up on this anyway and just increased the initial damage. As it's far too much hastle for what I want.

Ulla_t

Reaction score
Well, do you know why the mop is getting feared? or do you have no ideér?
And btw, have you found out how to add a damage overtime, to hittet units?

if not: Add every unit (in a choosen radius) around the user of the spell: add them to a Unitgroup
Pick every unit in unit group: make a dummy, witch cast Undead - Nicromacer - Unholy Frenzy.

That my best shot :thup:

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Create a dummy where you are casting it. Make it acid bomb itself. This will effect all units in range with acid bomb.
You can still use thunderclap for initial damage since acid bomb doesnt have that.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Can I just point out something? Acid Bomb needs a target, which means you can't make a dummy cast it on itself.

What I meant was that you should Pick Every Unit within valid range, then create a dummy to Acid Bomb the picked units. There's no reason to eliminate Thunder Clap from the equation, unless you're worried about terrain height causing desyncs (which I doubt).

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I thought you can cast it on yourself, just change targets to self.
Make a dummy that doesn't have locust. It can be targeted by still can't be seen or selected.
Much easier that triggering the whole thing.

Edit!! You could just modify flame strike. There are heaps of spells that are area damage over time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.