help with spells and attributes.

limpan

Reaction score
Hi!

I've search for this but never found any good information so I hope you could help me.

The first thing is, I wan't to make blizzard, rain of fire etc non-channeling, how do I do this? I've searh the whole map editor but can't find anything.
And is it possible to make entangling roots effect more then one enemy?

Why can't it just be so simple like a box you can check if it will be channeling or not. "Blizzard - Channeling, True or false" and "Entangling roots - Single target, True or false, if false select how many targets" =)

The second is. How do i change how much damage a unit get per primary attribute. I know that you can click on advanced > gameplay constant > Hero attributes > att bonus per primary. But this will effect everyones primary. I want to make A hero with strenght as primary, and one with agility as primary and one with intelligence as primary and so on.
The strenght hero should get like, per 1 points of strenght he gets 5 damage, the agility hero get per 1 point in agility he gets 3 damage and the intelligence hero gets per 1 point of int he gets 1 damage.
Or maybe that. 2 strenght hero gets different damage. Take like blademaster and mountain king, we say that both of there primary is strenght. And blade master gets per 1 point of str 5 damage and mountain king gets 3 damage per 1 point of str and maybe 0.5 more armor instead. and so on.

Strenght hero should be more like a tank that have good damage, low attack speed, good armor and lots of health.
Agility should be like, high attack speed, low armor, medium hp and fast attackspeed.
Intelligence, hi mana, mana regen, low hp, low dmg, but high damage with magics.

I hope you understand what I'm looking for and hope that this is possible to accomplish.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Well for the roots and blizzard you need to trigger it as for the attributes you can change the values. Look under:
Advanced
Gameplay Constants
Hero Attributes - XXX

limpan

Reaction score
yeah but gameplay constants dosn't help me in my situation. With that you will effect everyones primary. so if i put a value of 10 everyone will get 10 damage per primary point. I don't want to do that.

HeX.16

Reaction score
The only way you could do is maybe reduce the other attributes to set them to much lower than the tanks.
Like it was 17 23 16
Change it to 11 20 9

Lehona

Reaction score
"Remove" Channeling: If a unit casts "dummy-RoF" (Best based on Channel) just create a dummy which casts the real RoF.

For AoE-Entangle: If a unit casts "dummy-Entangle" (Best based on Channel)
get every unit in the AoE into a group and order a dummy to cast Entangle on each of them.

Lehona

Reaction score
To get something explained (and understand it) is much better than just getting an: "hey, I did it for you!".

HeX.16

Reaction score
Well its gui so its easy to look through read and understand so its easy to remake if needed.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I'm not sure its possible to have different damages for different attributes. Probably the only way you could do this would be to great a dummy unit ability with +damage (with alot of levels), and then trigger it so that each time the hero levels up, it sets the level of the dummy ability to the corresponding attribute of the hero. You'd have to work out the math, of course.

Dunno if you got your answer for the channeling. Here is what you need:

1. Dummy spell based on "Channel" - this will be the spell your hero casts
2. Dummy spell based on blizzard.
3. Dummy unit - give this unit your dummy spell based on blizzard

Be sure to change all the values in your "Channel" spell to fit what you want. Now make a trigger that looks something like this: (I'm doing this from memory so it may not be exact)

Code:
Event
Unit - starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) equal to [your ability based on channel]
Actions
Set tempPoint = (point target of ability being cast)
Create 1 [your dummy unit] at tempPoint
Add a XX generic expiration timer to (last created unit) [make the time on the timer a bit more than how long the duration of the blizzard is, so that the dummy unit has enough time to channel it]
Set level of [dummy blizzard spell] equal to level of [your ability based on channel]
Order [dummy unit] to cast - Blizzard at tempPoint
Custom script - call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)

With this trigger, your hero will cast the ability, but an invisible dummy unit will do that actual channeling, so that your hero is free to move around, attack, etc.

Hope that helped.

Well its gui so its easy to look through read and understand so its easy to remake if needed.

This doesn't help anyone. If someone doesn't understand something, why not explain it to them instead of making them feel like an idiot cause they don't know as much as you?

HeX.16

Reaction score
Well i find it easier and its the way i learnt so i think he could see it and say ah thats what a dummy is instead of some1 says make a dummy unit, a dummy blizzard a channel....

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
There is nothing in GUI that explains what a dummy unit is, or how to make one. THe only way to know what they even are is from external sources, like this website.

HeX.16

Reaction score
Well if you find a random unit called dummy in the object editor with no model and look at my code and see that i create one and order it to cast blizzard. WTF do you think it is?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.