Hero ability

xPheRe

Reaction score
I'm trying to create my first triggered spell and I'm having a lot of problems.

What the ability does?
It increases hero damage 10% for every corpse in a radius, its duration is 20 seconds.

What I've done?
Firstly I based the ability from channel and read the tutorial.
Then, I created one item ability with 10 levels based on Efectiviness aura. Every level improves damage a 10% more than previos level.
Then the trigger part, I created one that triggers when a unit starts the effect of the ability, and then add the item ability to the caster. Then for every near corpse it increases its level to a maximum of 10.

What's the problem?
When tested, the unit begins channeling (not casting), then acquires the item ability from the trigger (and it is shown in the interface, that's not what I want) and continues channeling the ability until the player moves the unit (didn't want that too).

The corpse thing goes OK. I've coded a func in JASS that returns how many corpses are in a range from the caster. Then the trigger applies "Increase level of ability..." in a loop.

The spell remains active because I can't find an event such as "An ability expires" to remove the item ability from the unit.

Anyone can help me?

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
use the wait function

so...

the beginning stuff

wait 20 seconds

the finishing stuff

xPheRe

Reaction score
Thanks Duwenbasden
I've tried this way too, my question about it is if there's a better way, a way to do it more automatic.
After all... Why do I need to model my own Mannoroth if Blizzard already created it first? :D

I solved the time elapsed problem detecting the level of the spell and waiting an amount of time related to that level. If anyone knows a better way, please, it would be great.

The unit still stands channeling the spell until I move it. Should I base my spell from other than channel??
And what about the item ability? There's a way to hide it's icon? (Actually a very nice green square :D )

Thanks in advance

S

Soul_Lift

xPheRe said:
Thanks Duwenbasden
I've tried this way too, my question about it is if there's a better way, a way to do it more automatic.
After all... Why do I need to model my own Mannoroth if Blizzard already created it first? :D

I solved the time elapsed problem detecting the level of the spell and waiting an amount of time related to that level. If anyone knows a better way, please, it would be great.

The unit still stands channeling the spell until I move it. Should I base my spell from other than channel??
And what about the item ability? There's a way to hide it's icon? (Actually a very nice green square :D )

Thanks in advance

research icon, there is nothing there that's why its green. :D I'm no pro so I can't help you out, sorry. :(

D

dArKzEr0

Here's a concept for you to work from, not a fix to your problem:

Why not base your spell off of something stupid, such as water elemental. Have your hero summon nothing, but then use a trigger to determine the corpses (which it seems you already have) and add the item ability to your hero setting its level according to the amount of corpses (or is the attack bonus supposed to change as more units die?) wait 20 seconds - remove item ability.

Hope I helped a bit :(

dArKz

//Edit:
Don't item abilities NOT have icons...?

P

Persen

To hide the icon, use this method (which i and i think some more people use):

Create a spell based off spellbook. Add your passive ability to it.
Then use a "pick every player" trigger to disable it on map init or something.

xPheRe

Reaction score
dArKzEr0 said:
Why not base your spell off of something stupid, such as water elemental
OK, I have based it off of Berserker and now runs great, no channeling animation (no more than needed).
Thanks! I was blind with Channel ability :banghead:
Persen said:
Create a spell based off spellbook. Add your passive ability to it.
Then use a "pick every player" trigger to disable it on map init or something.
Thanks! I'll give it a try next time I open WEU :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.