[Hero Dummy Abilities] The Best One?

Jinxx

Reaction score
Is it better to use Evasion or Critical Strike for (passive) hero dummy abilities? Also, for unit-cast, Healing Salve, or Channel? Finally, Berserk is pretty much a staple for insta-cast AoE-themed spells; is it preferable to use it instead of Unholy Frenzy?

EDIT: This thread might seem silly, but I really want to avoid running into conflicting abilities/triggers later on when my map grows to something like +20 heroes. We all know it's relatively easy to trigger stuff - making it work without interfering with other spells is the tricky part, and I'm wondering if the dummy abilities can in any way conflict, since some WE abilities have silly hardcoded issues (Dark Ritual, for example).

Sjaakje

Reaction score
As long as you use different order strings, you can use whicever one you want.
In my experience, Evasion is beter than critical strike just because ONE SINGLE time (not saying this will ever happen to you, plus it only happened once out of dozens of tries with critical strike) the dummy based off critical strike somehow started creating floating texts that the normal critical strike also does when a unit crits.

Channel should be used for channeling abilities only, and only on last resort or long lasting channel abilities because usually there's a much easier solution. Healing salve is pretty useful almost always, so you should be fine with using that (just once again, don't forget to use different order strings > I'm speaking from bad experience).

I've never really worked a lot with unholy frenzy, but the aoe-themed instant cast that worked best for me has been Roar. They all do their job as far as I'm concerned though.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
1) I choose Evasion since it has less unique fields (only a dodge% compared to Critical Strike which has chance%, multiplier, never miss, etc.) Just personally though.

2) Channel if you understand it well. Healing Salve, Cripple, etc. should be fine if it has zero effects with 0.01 duration. However I am curious if casting such spells to a unit which is affected by another Cripple-based spell / Healing Salve-based spell / etc. can cause conflict or any issue at all.

3) Unholy Frenzy is also unit targeted.... Berserk does not use the unit's animation unlike Roar, Howl of Terror, etc. War Stomp can be used to make a ground shaking effect.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
1. Storm Hammers or Moon Glaive. Those abilities literally do nothing but provide an icon and tooltip.

2. Channel or Finger of Pain/Death.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.