Hero Experience

U

Unregistered

Im a n00b at map making, but im making this one RPG map. How do you set how much XP a certain creature give. ALso if possible how you edit how much xp until hero level ups.

I

InsaneFootman

not sure about your second question, but as to change how much experience a creature gives...

under unit editor- down by the bottom of all the stuff you can edit, change the 'Level' of the monster

for example a level 1 monster gives 30 exp
a level 2 gives 50 or 60 or whatever
a level 15 gives like 300 etc.

not the exact numbers

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
1) What InsaneFootmen said.

2) I can't specifically answer your question, but if you are using the TFT editor, go to advanced -> gameplay constants, and have a muck around with some of the Hero XP fields, I think its in there somewhere (sorry, there is SO much new stuff in the TFT editor, that it will take me a while to learn it all)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Not quite sure if this helps, but this is from the blizzard FAQ:

Q: How do I change how much experience heroes get?
A:
In the "Advanced->Gameplay Constants" dialog, there are several fields related to hero experience gain, all under Hero XP Gained. For non-hero units, the "normal" values are used as follows:

Table - Table of values representing experience gained for each unit level of the killed unit.

Constant Factor (C)
Level Factor (L)
Previous Value Factor (P) - Define a formula for computing all experience values not defined in the table:

f(x) = C + L*<unit level> + P*f(x-1)

Additionally, the Creep Reduction Table is used to multiply (as a percent) the result for units owned by the Neutral Hostile player, and the Summoned Unit factor is applied for summoned units.

A separate table/formula is used for experience due to killing another hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.