Hero Selection/Camera System

CrackUps

Reaction score
I'm looking to making a similar hero select system to the one in the RPG TKoK http://www.epicwar.com/maps/62242/

I understand how to make the camera change view the problem i'm having is how do i make the camera focus in one area and prevent scrolling with the mouse or arrow keys and also how do i prevent the camera from changing when i click on the minimap.

Please help +rep given.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
The point of locking to a unit is so the camera can't be moved away from it...

You have to move the unit to move the camera, then.

Tilts still work, camera objects aren't really even required, you can do everything in triggers using Camera functions.

CrackUps

Reaction score
Ok the lock camera seems to be part of what i need. When the game starts the camera goes to my hero selection area and zooms in on a hero you then have the option to press the left or right key. If you press the left key the camera pans to the hero to the left over 1 second and if you press right it pans to the hero to the right over 1 second but when i lock the camera and press left or right it instantly views the hero without panning

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Why not have an invisible unit that the camera is locked onto. When you press left, do a loop structure to slide the unit to the left.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.