Spellpack Hero: Tiny, the Stone Giant

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
JASS:
call IssuePointOrderLoc(u, "clusterrockets", loc)

he uses cluster rockets he lets a dummy cast it...it could be mui in gui too, and is very easy to make. but ok it looks good..

soulreaping

Reaction score
I already explained few posts above, I just don't feel comfortable using GUI after I found out the BJs are ugly. GUI uses for almost every action, and for what? Just to switch the arguments position instead of Func(type var1, othertype var2) its FuncBJ(othertype var2, type var1).

Since I found that out I code everything in JASS to avoid this stuff.

OMGedDude

Reaction score
I believe Avalanche is just cluster rockets with missile art changed to the earthquake effect... is it? It works and looks pretty much the same. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, I like these spells, they look pretty good :)

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Not true, and the swing in Empowering Haste is triggered. Dota does indeed use a damage detection system, think of Impetus, Arcane Orb, Glaives of Wisdom, etc.

Don't mean to disrespect you any way shape or form. But I agree with Cohadar and have seen it myself.

But I know my stuff about DotA =)

You can last hit creeps with empowering haste alone before you hit the creep. ( So I basicly can recreate this in GUI with 3 lines , 1 event , 1 condition , 1 action )
Impetus/Arcane Orb/ Glaives of Wisdom all happen to be buffs and create buffs on hit. ( I solo against enchant quite a bit everytime I get hit by impetus there is a small impetus buff Best bet they are using poison arrows.).
It obviously use wait for condition or a periodic that wiats for the unit to have a buff.

On Topic I agree with above , I thinkk they create an dummy caster to cast cluster rockets cause it sure behaves like so.

nabbig2

Reaction score
What do you need to do to copy the Avalanche move? I copied the trigger, the ability, and the variables, but is says there are about 50 compilation errors. How can I use it in another map?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yes but u need to order a dummy to use it for you, else your hero will channel the duration
i think theres a bug in cluster rockets, when u set the damage to 75 it doesnt damage 75 instead damage 100, i experienced that in my map

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
JASS:
private function Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u
    local unit uu = GetTriggerUnit()
	local location loc = GetUnitLoc(uu)
	set u = CreateUnitAtLoc(GetOwningPlayer(uu), dum_id, loc, bj_UNIT_FACING)
    set loc = GetSpellTargetLoc()
	call UnitApplyTimedLife(u, 'BTLF', 5.)
	call UnitAddAbility(u,dum_abil_id)
	call SetUnitAbilityLevel(u, dum_abil_id, GetUnitAbilityLevel(uu, abil_id))
	call IssuePointOrderLoc(u, "clusterrockets", loc)
	call RemoveLocation(loc)
    set u = null
    set uu = null
    set loc = null
endfunction

There's a location leak in this code, I suggest you use coordinates instead.

soulreaping

Reaction score
Locations doesn't leak unless you don't remove them in the end of the code.

Coordinates are just faster than locations, the code is fine.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
You create 2 locations but you only remove the last one of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.