Hero's Aren't reviving

ianu74

Reaction score
My heros aren't reviving when i mass kill creeps.
Code:
Revival Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>), Show revival graphics
Is there anything wrong with it..?

1337D00D

2 seconds later the triggering unit is some other unit you killed.

S

Sunny_D

afaik, "triggering unit" is created new for every trigger run, so its ok that way.

btw, you are removing the heroes in some other trigger maybe? once removed the heroes cant be revived anymore...

ianu74

Reaction score
Still when i mass kill creeps and my hero dies , sometimes my hero doesn't revives. Why is that so..?

1337D00D

Because some other unit dies during that two seconds, and triggering unit becomes that unit, not the hero anymore.

It would work if you scrap the wait.

S

Sunny_D

if im not completely blind, this trigger above is 100% waterproof (but yet not leak free ;) ). this trigger cant be the reason in my opinion...

now did you remove units in another trigger?

---------------

Because some other unit dies during that two seconds, and triggering unit becomes that unit, not the hero anymore.

Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True

ianu74

Reaction score
i don't have any other triggers Concerning a Unit dying in my map, nor units being removed. Still, my hero doesn't revive if he dies when i mass kill creeps or enemy heros.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
try putting the dying unit in a variable, and revive the unit that way.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
use an array to store each hero in its unique slot.

OR

use a queue. :eek:

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
When your hero dies, and after 2 seconds (or some seconds), is the HERO ICON (upper Left) still there? Yes? Good, even if it is not REVIVED? wait like 30 seconds, and the iCONE upper left is STILL THERE?. Then delete that trigger you have there and create a new one, what to change? nothing! ;)
And yes, try change out triggering with dying (even it should have no effect...). Thats what I would have done, if the icon is there ofc.

IF the Icon is NOT there, the Hero has been removed, meaning some other trigger removes it, voila!;)
Or try restart WE, then run the map again.
PS: Show us all triggers that has the "A UNIT DIES" event please...
Cheerio!;)
Edit; attach the map, and I will look at it, if you want to.

ianu74

Reaction score
PS: Show us all triggers that has the "A UNIT DIES" event please...
i already said i didn't have any more triggers with A unit dies
i don't have any other triggers Concerning a Unit dying in my map, nor units being removed. Still, my hero doesn't revive if he dies when i mass kill creeps or enemy heros.
Still, i'm trying out your suggestion.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
No offence, but I do believe you are not telling the truth here, since that trigger works 10000000% sure...We all (on TH) have used it 1000 times each, if not more, so... Show us the whole trigger? _ATTACH THE MAP_ (not screaming it, saying it<3)
Cheerio

Edit; if you have 0 other triggers with that event, what kind of event do you got? Like "A unit is attacked/Starts the effect of an ability/Finishes casting/........."

ianu74

Reaction score
Thanks Duwen, Your idea worked. I tried ManyTimes's suggestion but can't:confused: anyway, the problem's gone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.