How can i know if a trigger is MUI and MPI

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering how do i know if a trigger is MUI or MPI

well first i know that MUI is that other units can use it and MPI is that other players can use it.

so will i know if a specific ability is MUI and MPI?

PS: sry if this is a dumb question i dont know WE language XD

Expelliarmus

Where to change the sig?
Reaction score
Errr.. for example a moving projectile... it will stop (lose it's points and increments) when it is not MUI and other unit casts the same spell. "stuffs up" can basically means doing abnormal things that are related to spell collision.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
When you set a variable, use a wait, and then try to use that variable again, that variable can be overwritten by another instance of the spell. (Another unit can cast the spell, which runs the same trigger, setting the variable to the data of the new cast, overwriting the old one. The old one still runs, but it will do it with the new units and information).

If you do not have any waits, your trigger is most likely MUI and MPI.

MPI really just means that it uses 12 array slots, and saves the data according to each players' PlayerId. (Player 1's would use array slot 1, Player 10 would use 10, etc).

MPI without locals would be making a system that uses a ton of array slots, one for each unit that casts the ability. Just as there are 12 for MPI, you would need 1 for each unit that can be casting it at the same time. However, since you don't know how many units could be casting the ability at the same time, you would ideally put a very high number (like 100), and then loop through it. Once the indexes reach 100, start over, and overwrite the old variables. The spell should have been finished and cleaned up by now, so it should work fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.