How can I make heroic strike (from WoW)

Gracus

Reaction score
I've made a standard Orc warrior with rage triggers complete, the move I'm trying to make now is "Heroic Strike". I've decided to use searing arrows as a start to the move as it adds bonus damage each attack it does, but I'm just wondering, how do I add a "critical strike" ANIMATION not effect for when he uses Heroic Strike, also how would I make it everytime he uses Heroic Strike he doesn't generate mana from it?

Thank you.

P.S Is there a way to make the move "Avatar" instead of increasing size make the Warrior go red with that skull in his face? (I think the move is called Beserk?)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
1) If the "animation" you are talking about is like how Blademaster jumps and slashes, you can try detecting when the unit casts the spell and playing its animation.

There are 2 cases:
- manual casting
detect this using the "unit starts casting the ability"
- autocasting
when the unit starts the autocast, set Bool to true
when the unit stops the autocast, set Bool to false
detect this using the "unit is attacked" and check if Bool is true

This is a simple way of doing it.

2) Base the spell of another spell, and make a dummy unit cast Anti-Magic Shell on that unit with altered buff effect.

Gracus

Reaction score
I used an Orc Grunt for the warrior so I don't know if this would work, and I would like to disable the right clicking auto cast for the Heroic strike.

Gracus

Reaction score
Well is there an animation that will make him attack uniquely than his normal attacks?

Dirac

Reaction score
You can tell by selecting the unit and in the model viewer on the left side of your screen click the arrows to see all the animations the unit has. But the grunt dosnt

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.